How Much Does it Cost to Buy or Rent a Genie Aerial Lift?
Last Updated: June 29, 2023
Reviewed By: Ryan Maguire
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need an aerial lift at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our aerial lift partners will send you free price quotes.
What You Should Know About Genie Lifts #
Genie is the largest supplier of full line self-propelled booms, aerial work platforms, and scissor lifts, whose equipment is found on remodeling and construction sites throughout America. Genie full line self-propelled aerial lifts are mostly used to handle everyday building maintenance and may also be used in tasks involving high and hard to reach areas.
Purchasing one of these machines represents a significant financial investment, especially if you only need one for a short period. If this is the case, consider renting one for considerably less money. Below we provide average pricing for both options.
Pros of Genie Aerial Lifts #
Genie aerial lifts are marked by innovative technology, durable construction, and reliability. As a company, Genie collaborates with its customers to identify the most environmentally sound and efficient ways to manufacture products to handle all types of work. This reliance on customer input helps Genie develop products that are easy to service and use, and that meet international standards. Moreover, they strive to deliver products that provide maximum value.
Genie equipment is viable for a variety applications, including construction, maintenance, film production, and outdoor lighting. The best part is their lightweight, aluminum construction, which makes these lifts easy to handle and manipulate.
How Much Does a Genie Lift Cost to Buy? #
On average, expect to pay between $10,000 and $100,000 or more for a Genie aerial lift.
|Small electric scissor lifts (platform height up to 20 feet)||$10,000 to $20,000|
|Mid-sized electric scissor lifts (platform height between 20 and 40 feet)||$15,000 to $30,000|
|Large electric scissor lifts (platform height above 40 feet)||$25,000 to $50,000+|
|Rough-terrain scissor lifts (equipped with features for outdoor use)||$30,000 to $50,000+|
|Specialized or high-capacity scissor lifts||Prices can vary significantly based on specific requirements and features|
|Telescopic boom lifts||$40,000 to $100,000+|
|Articulating boom lifts||$50,000 to $150,000+|
|Towable boom lifts||$30,000 to $60,000+|
Sample Prices for Genie Aerial Lift Rental #
Many factors determine the rental price of a Genie lift. Rental rates vary depending on the rental period and the machine itself. Some older models are available at lower rates than newer models. New models are more common on construction sites, while old models are mostly used for tasks such as indoor lighting. Genie aerial lifts are available from 10' and go up from there, with the height of the machine affecting the rental price. The distance between the service provider and where the machine is to be used is also a factor. Common items that influence the rental price include:
- Type of lift
- Power of lift, whether diesel powered or battery operated
- Working height
- Max load carrying ability
Aerial lifts rent for around $200 to $400 a day. If you need the lift for a week, expect to spend between $800 and $1,500. To rent for a whole month, the average cost is between $2,000 and $3,500. If you only need the lift for a couple of hours, you can typically rent one for $20 to $30 per hour.
The following table lists estimated rental rates for the Genie aerial lifts.
|Equipment Type||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate||Monthly Rate|
|S85 Boom Lift||$500 - $800||$2,000 - $2,200||$5,000 - $6,000|
|Z30/20N Boom Lift||$200 - $400||$800 - $1,000|
|S60X Boom Lift||$400-500||$1,000-1,200||$2,000-2,500|
|GS336RT Scissor Lift||$250 - $500||$500 - $800||$1,200 - $1,500|
|GS2032 Scissor Lift||$50 - $100||$200 - $250||$500 - $700|
|GR20 Personnel Lift||$100 - $150||$250 - $350||$500 - $800|
Points to Consider Before Buying or Renting a Genie Aerial Lift #
- Platform requirement: There are many types of Genie aerial lifts and most have different platforms. Therefore, determine how many people you expect to use the platform at the same time, as well as types of tools and equipment needed to complete the work. Rental rates vary as to the size and height of the machine, making it important to choose the best machine for the job to avoid paying extra costs.
- Type of aerial equipment: There are many types of aerial equipment supplied by this company, including vertical lifts, boom lifts, and scissor lifts. It is best to identify the type of equipment you want for your job before renting a machine. If you are confused, you can always contact the renting experts and present your problem. They can help you decide which machine is best suited to your task.
- Model specs: It is important to determine your desired aerial lift and compare specs to rent one suited for your job. Different models have different specs; some may be diesel powered, whereas others are battery operated. Choosing the specs that work best for your situation is important.
Watch: How to Operate a Genie TZ-34/20 Electric Towable Boom Lift #
Watch this video to see a demo of how to use a Genie towable boom Lift.