Cost-Effective POS Systems for Beauty Salons: A Guide to Pricing
Last Updated: April 24, 2023
CostOwl.com note: Need a POS system at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our POS system partners will send you free price quotes.
On This Page
With advancing technology, the modes of sale and purchase have evolved as well. Beauty salons now incorporate point of sale (POS) systems to enhance convenience and boost revenues.
These systems include a basic payment register as well as inventory management, finances, warehousing, customer relationship management (CRM), and more. The system's additional features vary by business. The salon POS system is designed to help salon owners achieve maximum functionality and convenience with their managing systems.
Most systems include features such as customer account management, employee time tracking, appointment management, and inventory management. Salon POS systems not only help salon business owners manage their businesses, but also attract and retain customers to increase revenue. The time saved through implementing a POS system can be put toward building your business. It also reduces the hassle of keeping accurate records, as your POS stores all information, accurate to the last penny. Here we describe these POS systems along with the price of installing one for your salon.
Sample Prices from the Best Salon POS System Companies #
- Lightspeed pricing ranges from $69 to $249 per month depending on features.
- Daysmart pricing ranges from $29 to $249 per month depending on the number of users desired.
- Clover pricing ranges from $9.95 to $65.95 per month.
- Square pricing ranges from free to $69 per month per location. Square charges a fee per transaction.
Watch: Best Salon POS System in 2023 #
Watch this video to find out what the best salon POS systems are right now. This video highlights many of the POS option we have mentioned in this article
Pros of Salon POS Systems #
There are a number of advantages to salon POS systems. Though they can be used for any type of business, these are specialized to better serve the needs of a salon, ranging from single-operator organizations to full-service enterprises with over 100 employees. Spa facilities may also use salon POS systems to manage their businesses.
These systems offer a variety of features, including gift card management, loyalty programs, inventory management, appointment scheduling, client management, employee management, payroll and commissions, and, of course, point of sale.
Cloud-based systems allow owners to manage their businesses from any location, using any connected device, including smartphones, desktop computers, laptops, and tablets. They are also less expensive to implement as they require less hardware than traditional systems. Cloud-based POS systems also offer strong security controls.
Points to Consider when Choosing a Salon POS System #
- Ease of use: An easy to use system improves both functionality and productivity. Intuitive controls mean that you don't waste a lot of time training employees on the system.
- Technical support: Ideally, your vendor offers 24/7 live support, both online and via phone. Before signing with a provider, ask what type of support the package includes and whether they offer training.
- Scalability: A scalable system ensures that it meets the growing demands of your business, particularly if you add employees or locations.
- Features: Features have significant impact on the price, so consider carefully which features you absolutely need, which make life easier, and which aren't likely to see the light of day. Talk to your vendor about features, but also other salon owners to discover what they wish they'd included and which features they never use.