Find Local POS System Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
All POS System Articles
Get Free POS System Price Quotes
Wireless Point of Sale System Prices
Wireless POS systems are one of the newest developments in POS technology. They allow your staff to complete transactions from anywhere. The same wireless technology that powers smart phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), and tablet computers enables you perform a wide range of sophisticated operations on the go! It's all integrated into the new wireless point of sale (POS) systems. Most commonly found in restaurants, but also useful for large retail stores and seasonal businesses that lack permanent installations, handheld POS systems provide your business with a creative new way to improve customer service, increase revenues, and make managerial tasks easier.
How a Wireless POS System Works
Wireless POS systems consist of wireless POS devices working in conjunction with other POS hardware. This includes PC workstations running POS software, printers, cash drawers, customer displays, and credit card swipes. Some POS wireless devices even come with a built-in card swipe, allowing a transaction to be completed from anywhere. This can also be achieved by pairing a wireless POS device with a wireless credit card terminal. Some wireless POS terminals utilize touch screen technology, while others are "write on" devices with handwriting recognition software. Whichever type of input is used, the information entered is then transmitted back to a base station to complete the sale.
The Benefits of a Wireless POS System
Mobile point of sale systems can provide a number of advantages to your business, including:
- More Face Time with Customers: One of greatest benefits of a mobile POS system is that it eliminates trips back to a terminal, allowing staff to remain on the floor taking orders and attending to customers.
- Increased Worker Productivity: Instead of running back to a terminal or the kitchen to check the availability of specials and other inventory, staff will have this and other real time information in their hands. In a retail setting, associates can use a handheld POS device to check out customers while they're standing in line (during busy times). For promotional events such as tent, warehouse, or outdoor sales, a mobile POS eliminates the time and energy needed to set up temporary registers and haul around bulky merchandise.
- Direct Connection With the Back Office: Because they are networked with the back office, a wireless POS device can relay data important for keeping track of inventory, supply analytics, and making other important business decisions.
- Increased Revenue: In business, greater efficiency means better profits. By decreasing the amount of time spent taking orders and cashing out customers, increasing table turnaround, allowing for a more economical division of labor (for example, a few skilled workers can cover larger sections with a wireless POS device while non-servers perform other tasks), and more, the efficiency of your business will be maximized, and the end result will be a better bottom line.
Wireless POP System Sample Costs
Does a wireless POS system sound right for your business? If so, the prices below should help you gauge how much it will cost you to bring the latest POS technology into your workplace. Bear in mind that wireless POS terminals cost more than traditional terminals, but that the opportunities to upsell , improve efficiency, and reduce the cost of operations can more than make up for this. These are estimates only. For an exact price quote, please fill out our short form and get connected with POS System dealers in your area.
- A Wireless POS System can cost anywhere from around $250 to $6,500 and up.
- For around $200 you can get a wireless POS terminal for the iPhone/iPod Touch that works as a mobile credit card reader for any U.S. merchant account. Similar hardware for other devices can also be purchased at a comparable price.
- You can purchase a wireless credit card terminal used starting at around $250 and new for roughly $350-$1,000.
- A QuickBooks Wireless POS Inventory Scanner costs approximately $500.
- A wireless POS terminal/device costs approximately $500-$1,500.
- A Wireless POS System bundle costs approximately $4,000. At this price you can expect to receive 1 wireless tablet order screen with a built in credit card swipe, an all-in-one touch screen POS system, cash drawer, 2 printers, customer display, POS software, and more.
- For around $6,500 you can get a wireless POS system featuring 2 handheld ordering terminals, 2 printers, a wireless communication center, software, and more.