Find Local POS System Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
All POS System Articles
Get Free POS System Price Quotes
With advancing technology, the modes of sale and purchase have evolved as well. Businesses now incorporate point of sale (POS) systems to enhance convenience and boost revenues.
These systems include a basic payment register as well as inventory management, finances, warehousing, customer relationship management (CRM), and more. The system's additional features vary by business. The salon POS system is designed to help salon owners achieve maximum functionality and convenience with their managing systems.
Most systems include features such as customer account management, employee time tracking, appointment management, and inventory management. Salon POS systems not only help salon business owners manage their businesses, but also attract and retain customers to increase revenue. The time saved through implementing a POS system can be put toward building your business. It also reduces the hassle of keeping accurate records, as your POS stores all information, accurate to the last penny. Here we describe these POS systems along with the price of installing one for your salon.
Pros of Salon POS Systems
There are a number of advantages to salon POS systems. Though they can be used for any type of business, these are specialized to better serve the needs of a salon, ranging from single-operator organizations to full-service enterprises with over 100 employees. Spa facilities may also use salon POS systems to manage their businesses.
These systems offer a variety of features, including gift card management, loyalty programs, inventory management, appointment scheduling, client management, employee management, payroll and commissions, and, of course, point of sale.
Cloud-based systems allow owners to manage their businesses from any location, using any connected device, including smartphones, desktop computers, laptops, and tablets. They are also less expensive to implement as they require less hardware than traditional systems. Cloud-based POS systems also offer strong security controls.
Points to Consider when Choosing a Salon POS System
- Ease of use: An easy to use system improves both functionality and productivity. Intuitive controls mean that you don't waste a lot of time training employees on the system.
- Technical support: Ideally, your vendor offers 24/7 live support, both online and via phone. Before signing with a provider, ask what type of support the package includes and whether they offer training.
- Scalability: A scalable system ensures that it meets the growing demands of your business, particularly if you add employees or locations.
- Features: Features have significant impact on the price, so consider carefully which features you absolutely need, which make life easier, and which aren't likely to see the light of day. Talk to your vendor about features, but also other salon owners to discover what they wish they'd included and which features they never use.
Sample Prices of Salon POS Systems
In addition to the POS system, you also need hardware, even if you opt for cloud-based. Typically, this includes a barcode scanner, monitor, and a cash drawer. Pricing varies widely depending on a variety of factors, including vendor, features, hardware, customization, number of users, and whether you choose cloud-based or self-hosting.
Exact price estimates are impossible without knowing your particular needs. However, the following should assist with budgeting and reviewing proposals.
- Expect to pay between $1,500 and $2,000 for a basic system, with prices extending to $5,000 for top systems with multiple features and capabilities
- The Stylist in a Box POS System includes an 18" monitor, MSR, barcode scanner, HP hardware, MIKAL software, and a cash drawer, with an average price between $3,000 and $4,000 for a single terminal system
- Web-based systems charge monthly with a base price of $20 to $30 per month
- Rosy's Cloud POS costs between $30 and $40 per month
- A system including label printing, inventory ordering, and access for up to five employees ranges between $60 and $80 per month
- A one-salon system with unlimited users and two licenses averages between $150 and $180 per month