Find Local POS System Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
All POS System Articles
Get Free POS System Price Quotes
A mobile point of sale (POS) system allows you and your staff to access a standard POS with a mobile device, typically a smartphone or tablet. These systems include a wide variety of features that help streamline and manage your business, including integrated customer loyalty programs, detailed reports on sales and inventory, and technologies customized for your brand.
Pros of the Best Mobile POS Systems
Look for a mobile POS system that includes a variety of reporting options, such as inventory, purchasing, sales, and customer demographics. These analytical tools help you track patterns, design promotional campaigns, and automate functions such as ordering new inventory.
Another great feature is integrated payroll information that allows your POS to double as a timecard program, calculate pay, estimate overtime, and even track personal leave. When the owner or manager needs a quick snapshot of scheduling and payroll, they can pull that information from any location, using any connected device.
Finally, if you operate a customer loyalty program or use a customer relationship management (CRM) system, you want it to integrate with your POS system. This makes it simple to run promotions and, even better, collect valuable data about your customers for pinpoint marketing and promotions.
Points to Consider when Choosing the Best Mobile POS Systems
- Preconfigured hardware: Look for a system that allows you to tailor barcode scanners, scales, and other hardware to meet the demands of your business.
- Integrated customer relationship management (CRM): If you don't use a CRM system, you should. If you do, integrating it with your POS system helps you create highly targeted promotions and develop amazing loyalty program offerings.
- Security and access: These systems are nearly always cloud-based, so look for a vendor who offers quality security and restricted user access to protect you, your staff, and your customers' data.
- Features: POS system features help determine overall cost, so carefully consider the features you must have with the features you'd like to have to help manage your costs. Go beyond your vendor rep to talk to employees and other organizations within your industry to get a better idea of which features you'll use regularly and which never see the light of day.
Sample Prices of the Best Mobile POS Systems
Costs vary widely based on a variety of factors, including the features you choose, the vendor, how many terminals you require, and the number of users. Reporting functionality and storage space also affect price. Use the following estimates when developing your budget and comparing vendor proposals.
- Hardware, including countertop receipt printer, credit and debit card readers, and a cash drawer averages between $500 and $800
- Registering a mobile device with the POS system averages between $80 and $100 per device
- Transaction fees vary, ranging between $0.10 and $0.25 per transaction on average
- Monthly charges, including 24/7 live support, range between $30 and $60
- You may pay an extra $20 to $40 for 24/7 tech support
- The cost of running credit cards averages between 2 and 3 percent per purchase
- If you need additional licenses, expect to pay around $130 per month for two licenses, up to $250 for five licenses, and around $400 per month for unlimited licenses