How Much Does a Bar Cleaning Service Cost?
Last Updated: December 08, 2021
CostOwl.com note: Need commercial cleaning services at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our commercial cleaning service partners will send you free price quotes.
A clean place is requirement for people, especially those looking for entertainment or leisure. Considering the bar business, cleanliness is a major requirement since things get pretty messy when people get tipsy. However, they will still want to come back again to a clean and pleasant environment. In fact, customers are more likely to go to another bar if your bar is not up to their standards of cleanliness. In addition, uncleanliness can violate the health department rules, which may result in severe consequences. You may even be forced to close the bar for some transgressions.
Many counties require professional cleaners to have certain training Also, the cleaning materials used by these services should not contain harmful chemicals, or ones that trigger your customers' allergies in customers, or the bar will lose customers quickly. What do bar-cleaning services charge? We look at the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a cleaning help, as well as the price.
Benefits of Hiring Bar Cleaning Services #
First off, cleaning by trained professionals ensures excellent results. Cleaning companies have the right equipment to sanitize bathrooms and pressure wash the floor, as well as clean windows and furniture. Cleaning also requires a significant time investment. Hiring a professional cleaner frees up bar staff to concentrate on other duties.
Cleaning providers offer a variety services. Most offer light cleaning in the bar, windows, and bathroom, as well as grease removal and deep cleaning. Hiring a bar cleaning company does not mean that your staff will not perform daily cleaning. On the contrary, professional bar cleaning services perform deep cleaning services, typically on a monthly or twice-monthly basis, according to operating laws.
There are a few drawbacks. Pricing varies by square footage, meaning a larger bar costs more to clean. Accreditation for cleaning that type of bar often adds to the expense. Often the bar will have to work around the times that the particular cleaning service is available, or be closed for a complete cleaning, which can be trying for customers. However, an easy solution to this problem is after-hours cleaning.
Points to Consider Before Hiring Bar Cleaning Services #
- Services offered – Determine the types of services the cleaning company offers, and how those compare to your needs. Options include mop and wax floors, wash floor mats, clean dumpster areas, clean and sanitize bathrooms, and pressure wash appliances, floors, and walls. If you have a particular request, ask about it before signing a contract.
- Outsourcing vs. in-house – Determine which cleaning tasks should be outsourced and which ones should be kept in-house. This also depends on services offered by the bar, such as snacks or food, which often includes its own cleaning guidelines. The trick is to come up with an efficient plan that gives you the most effective yet cheap combination.
Sample Prices of Bar Cleaning Services #
The cost of professional cleaners depends on tasks you need performed, square footage, and materials used. Others charge by the hour, or with a flat rate. Some services provide their own cleaning materials, while others expect the client to provide these.
- Expect to pay between $25 and $50 per hour.
- Light cleaning services, including vacuuming, cleaning the restrooms, and dusting cost between $0.10 and $0.30 per square foot, or $20 to $40 an hour. However, the exact rate depends on the size of the bar; the larger the bar, the lower the rate.
- Power cleaning floors costs between $0.25 and $0.50 per square foot.
- Carpet cleaning costs between $0.30 and $0.80 per square foot.
- Stripping and waxing tiled floors costs between $0.20 and $0.50 cents per square foot.
- Some services offer a base price of $0.10 to $0.40 cents per foot and then add a price of $0.20 to $0.50 per foot for any extra or complex cleaning services.
- A single weekly visit ranges between $40 and $80.
- Two visits per week cost between $100 and $150.
- Some services offer monthly packages at a price between $500 and $700.