An In-Depth Look at Popular Vehicle Mounted Air Compressor Brands & Prices
Last Updated: June 27, 2023
Reviewed By: Ryan Maguire
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need an air compressor at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our air compressor partners will send you free price quotes.
Air compressors are simple yet powerful machines used for in a wide range of manufacturing, construction, mechanical, hospitality and many other industries. Industrial air compressors vary in types, sizes, dependability and prices.
A Brief Overview of Some Popular Vehicle Mounted Air Compressor Brands & Prices #
|Ingersoll Rand||A well-known and reputable brand offering a wide range of high-quality vehicle-mounted air compressors suitable for various applications.||$1,000 - $10,000+|
|VMAC (Vehicle Mounted Air Compressors)||Specializes in compact and powerful vehicle-mounted air compressors designed for mobile applications, known for their lightweight and space-saving designs.||$3,000 - $8,000|
|Boss Industries||Provides a diverse selection of vehicle-mounted air compressors designed to meet the demanding needs of industries such as construction, mining, and agriculture.||$2,000 - $6,000|
|Vanair||Offers a range of robust and reliable vehicle-mounted air compressors suitable for various heavy-duty applications, including service trucks and utility vehicles.||$3,000 - $10,000|
Different Grades for Air Compressor Machines #
- Consumer Grade
- Contractor Grade
- Commercial Grade
Types of Air Compressors #
- Reciprocating air compressors - lubricate and non-lubricated models
- Rotary screw air compressors - Flooded and oil free models
- Centrifugal air compressors - Electric powered large compressors and most costly than other two types of air compressors
Options for Air compressor models #
- Vehicle Mounted
Vehicle Mounted Air Compressor Features #
Truck mounted air compressors can be moved easily from one job location to another without needing to assemble or disassemble each time. Vehicle or truck mounted air compressors are cost efficient and environment friendly.
How to Pick A Multi-Stage Air Compressor #
- Cubic Feet per Minute or CFM
- Electric Power Meters
- Size of Tanks or Gallons
- PSI Meter
- Horizontal or Vertical Style
How to Pick a Rotary Screw Air Compressor #
- Cubic Feet per Minute
- Three phase or single phase electricity settings
- Electrical Phase - You need to choose single-phase or three-phase. Single-phase electricity is found in residential settings.
Vehicle Mounted Air Compressor Benefits #
Truck-mount air compressors are portable and large machines with high Cubic Feet per Minute capabilities. Can be driven to the job site without needing to disassemble first. DC voltage system based air compressors with smaller footprint are quite useful for RV owners.
Points to Consider #
- Consider the application, type of work and jobs the truck mounted air compressor will encounter
- Identify amount of time the compressor will be in operation
- Determine air capacity (CFM) required to perform different jobs
- Select the drive method for truck mounted air compressors: engine or hydraulic driven
- By determining the tools, drive method and applications the user can select an air compressor easily
- Two types of vehicle mounted air compressors are reciprocating and rotary screw
- Reciprocating truck mount air compressors are designed for service and maintenance applications
- Rotary screw truck mount compressors are used for larger construction and utilities applications
Watch: VMAC - How Our Vehicle Mounted Air Compressors Work #
Watch this video to review the VMAC vehicle mounted air compressor.