How Much Does a Rotary Screw Air Compressor Cost?
Last Updated: December 06, 2021
CostOwl.com note: Need an air compressor at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our air compressor partners will send you free price quotes.
Rotary screw compressors have large screws instead of pistons. The screws rotate build up pressure inside a sealed compartment. Rotary screw air compressors are preferred for continuous and 24 hours a day duty cycle.
Buying Considerations #
- Identify the amount of time the compressor will run throughout the day
- Know the size of air compressor that is right for the job and applications
- Do a little homework to find good deals on rotary air compressors
- Consider the options that are required to perform the operations
Rotary Air Compressors Are Suitable For #
- Small production houses
- Large production facilities and factories
- Bigger workshops and garages
Common Mistakes to Avoid #
Rotary air compressor machines are not suitable for hand tools and where continuous air is not required. Rotary compressors are needed for larger facilities where air is used continuously for various applications. Instead of rotary compressor, it is advised to use a reciprocating air compressor for handling light construction jobs and do-it-yourself projects. Knowing how much pressure and capacity will be required can surely help in determining the best rotary screw compressor suitable for a factory or a business.
Points to Consider Before Buying Rotary Compressors #
- Maintenance cost
- Energy consumption and cost
- Warranty period
- Cost of accessories and options such as filters and dryers
- Electrical requirements
- Repair cost and time frame
Selecting the Right Rotary Screw Air Compressor #
Check the amount of air needed for different applications. Specs sheet can provide a fair idea of air consumption and determine the air compressor capacity. Rotary compressors can rust and old when left to stand still for a long duration of time. There is a large variety of extras and options that can be used to enhance performance but it will increase the price of a rotary screw air compressor. Therefore, it is better to stick to a few basics according to the need and requirement. Select a rotary compressor with built-in air dryer and air filters to reduce the overall cost of buying these tools separately. Look for "FF" next to the model name for buying all in one integrated solution.
Rotary Screw Air Compressor Options and Extras #
- Condensate traps (Electronic/Mechanical)
- Air dryers
- Air filters
- Direct drive or belt drive
- Variable Speed Drive
Popular Rotary Screw Air Compressor Brands & Prices #
- QGS - Model# 4152002727 - I7.5 HP, 30 gallon rotary compressor with dryer, single phase, 21.2 CFM price is around $7000.
- QGS - Model# 4152008420 - 10 HP, 120 gallon, 3-Phase, 37 CFM rotary compressor with dryer can be purchased around $7500
- QGS - Model# 146510-534 - 30 HP, 20 gallon, 3-Phase, 122 CFM is sold at around $16,000
- QGS - Model# 8158051279 - Tankless rotary compressor — 320 CFM, 3-Phase with 75 HP can be bought around $26,000
- QGS - Model# 8158051295 - Tankless rotary compressor — 434 CFM, 3-Phase with 100 HP can be bought around $28,000
Ingersoll Rand #
- Model# UP6-5-125 - 18.5 CFM, single phase with 5 HP is available for around $4500
- Model# UP6-15cTAS-125 - 15 HP, 3-Phase, 55 CFM model price is around $9000
- Model# 48670822 - TAS - Total Air System, 3-Phase, 15 HP, 53.9 CFM, 120-Gallon rotary compressor price is around $10,000
Chicago Pneumatic #
- Model# QRS5.0HP-35 HP, 3-Phase rotary compressor is sold for about $45,000
- Model# QRS15HPD-125 - Price is around $10,000
- Model# QRS25HPD - Quiet air compressor price is between $15,000 and $16,500