Tamko Roof Shingles: The Cost and Benefits of Using a Trusted Brand
Last Updated: January 06, 2023
Reviewed By: Ryan Maguire
On This Page
TAMKO, founded in Joplin, Missouri, began selling a single line of asphalt roofing shingle in 1944. More than 65 years later the company remains headquartered in Joplin and is still a leading manufacturer of asphalt shingles. What's also remained the same is TAMKO's commitment to innovation, which is behind a diverse product lineup that offers roofing shingles in a number of different materials, styles, and colors. Continue reading to learn more about TAMKO roofing shingles, including how much they cost.
TAMKO Roofing Average Costs #
- 3-Tab TAMKO roof shingles cost around $2.50 to $3.50 per square foot installed ($5,000-$7,000 for an average-sized 2,000 square foot roof).
- Laminated TAMKO shingles cost approximately $3.00 to $5 per square foot installed ($6,000-$10,000).
- TAMKO metal shingles cost roughly $4 to $6 per square foot installed ($8,000 to $12,000).
- Slate TAMKO roofing shingles cost around $6 to $8 per square foot installed ($12,000 to $16,000).
- While some roofing shingles can be installed directly over the old ones, it is sometimes necessary to remove and dispose of the old shingles, which could add $1 to $4 per square foot to the project cost.
The cost of TAMKO roof shingles can vary for individual customers depending on location, the complexity of the installation, and other factors.
Reasons to Buy TAMKO Roof Shingles #
TAMKO shingles stand out from the competition for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Choice: There are 5 distinct TAMKO shingle styles, each of which is available in a wide range of colors. From traditional asphalt shingles to metal tile shingles and those that resemble slate and wood shake, TAMKO offers many ways for you to distinguish your home.
- Energy efficiency: TAMKO energy efficient shingles are designed to reflect more of the sun's rays, which can help reduce your home cooling costs. You may even be eligible for an energy tax credit when you purchase one of TAMKO's Energy Star rated shingles.
- Peace of mind: TAMKO shingles are backed by lifetime warranties of up to 50 years, and with Full Start protection, you receive longer up-front protection than with other manufacturers.
Video: TAMKO Shingles Review - Academy Roofing #
Watch the video below to review TAMKO's NEW Heritage IR shingle:
Types of TAMKO Roofing Shingles #
Below is a description of TAMKO's shingle lines.
- 3-Tab Asphalt Shingles: TAMKO 3-Tab shingles are reinforced with fiberglass to provide strength and tear resistance. With a number of colors to choose from and up to a 25-year warranty, they are an excellent value.
- Heritage Laminated Asphalt Architectural Shingles: This style of shingle has added style and performance compared to asphalt shingles thanks to a double layer of fiberglass, a coating of weathering-grade asphalt on each side, and added wind resistance. Up to a 50 year warranty is available.
- Slate: These TAMKO shingles resemble natural slate but weigh and cost only a fraction of what the real thing does. A number of colors and widths are available for personalization, all of which are backed by a 30 to 50 year warranty.
- Shake: TAMKO shake shingles look like wood shakes but are more durable and require less maintenance. They come with a 50 year warranty and are available in 3 distinct colors in addition to 3 different widths.
- Metal: MetalWorks shingles made by TAMKO are Energy Star rated and made from recycled materials. They can resemble wood or slate and are backed by a 50 year warranty. They are rated by the Cool Roof Council.