How Much Do IKO Roof Shingles Cost?
Last Updated: May 16, 2022
On This Page
IKO is a family-owned Canadian manufacturer of roofing products. As a vertically integrated roofing specialist, IKO controls all phases of production, from the raw materials to the final product. The result is quality, state-of-the-art shingles that provide superior protection, efficiency, and beauty. In this buying guide you'll learn more information about IKO roofing shingles, including how much they cost.
IKO Roofing Shingle Average Costs #
Use the following IKO shingle costs to estimate the price of your roof replacement. Keep in mind that actual costs may vary based on location, individual needs, and the complexity of the installation. For accurate roof replacement price quotes, fill out this form to receive multiple estimates from prescreened contractors in your area.
- IKO 3-Tab shingles cost approximately $2 to $4 per square foot installed. For a 2,000 square foot roof, that's a total estimated cost of $4,000 to $8,000.
- The cost of IKO architectural shingles is roughly $3 to $5 per square foot installed, or $6,000 to $10,000 for a 2,000 square foot roof.
- IKO designer roof shingles cost around $4 to $6 per square foot installed, or $8,000 to $12,000 for a 2,000 square foot roof.
- If removing and disposing of old roofing shingles is not included in the price, this might cost an additional $1 to $4 per square foot.
Reasons to Buy IKO Roofing Shingles #
The many reasons to purchase IKO roof shingles include the following:
- Technology: IKO has been committed to using innovative technologies since it was founded in 1951. The company was among the first to offer laminated and architectural shingles, and it continues to offer cutting-edge roofing solutions. IKO's patented color blending technology, for example, is behind its latest lineup of luxury shingles which emulate the sophisticated look of natural slate.
- Valuable warranties: Each and every IKO shingle is protected by newly-improved warranties, included a lifetime warranty on select shingles. From algae and wind resistant shingles to the company's "Iron Clad Protection" program, you'll gain peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected against the unknown.
- Energy efficiency: Responding to customers' demands for greener building products, IKO now offers two shingles that are Energy Star rated. Purchasing one of these energy-efficient roofing shingles can lower your energy bills and might even qualify you for a tax credit.
Video: IKO Cambridge Architectural Shingle Review #
Watch the video below to review the pros and cons of IKO's Cambridge shingle:
Types of IKO Shingles #
IKO offers three distinct product lineups: Traditional 3-Tab, Architectural, and Premium Designer. Some of the highlights of each are described below.
- Traditional 3-Tab: IKO 3-Tab shingles are a perennial favorite due to their balance of protection, beauty, and value. With warranties ranging from 20 to 30 years, these IKO shingles are ideal for homeowners who want to secure their house against the elements but don't want to spend a fortune doing so.
- Architectural Shingles: IKO architectural shingles offer a step up in durability, protection, and style. Their larger size gives them a higher definition "shake" appearance and with a large variety of colors to choose from, there's one that's right for any home.
- Premium Designer Shingles: Top-of-the-line IKO premium designer shingles are made to resemble high-end materials such as wood and slate. Combining timeless beauty with a lifetime warranty, these shingles will turn heads while turning aside extreme weather such as hail, wind, and heat.