Budgeting for a CAT Skid Steer Loader? Here's What You Need to Know
Last Updated: July 31, 2023
CostOwl.com note: Need a skid steer loader at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our skid steer loader partners will send you free price quotes.
On This Page
Summary: Cat Skid Steer Cost #
The cost of a Caterpillar (Cat) skid steer loader can range from approximately $30,000 to $100,000 or more, depending on the model, specifications, and optional features.
Caterpillar has been making construction equipment since 1925, and its legacy of quality is built into the company's diverse lineup of skid steer loaders. Cat loaders range in power from 47 to 90 horsepower and can lift loads that weigh up to 3,250 pounds. This impressive capacity, combined with a large array of available skid steer attachments, extends the versatility of Cat skid loaders and allows business owners to tackle many different types of jobs. This buying guide describes the features that make Cat skid steer loaders an excellent investment and provides straightforward pricing information.
Cat Skid Steer Loader Features #
Caterpillar skid steer loaders are thoughtfully designed, expertly engineered, and have what it takes to get the job done right.
- Smooth operator: Cat had the operator in mind when it designed the cab on its skid steer loaders. Features such as a 12 volt DC power socket, sliding windows, climate control, intuitive instrumentation, high visibility, easy access, and low effort controls ensure that operators remain comfortable even over long shifts.
- Intelligent power: With an anti-stall feature, variable displacement piston pumps, durable drive axles, variable engine speeds, and reliable diesel engines, every Caterpillar skid steer has an aggressive yet refined power train.
- Vertical lifting capability: In some work situations a radial lift path just won't cut it, which is why Caterpillar skid loaders provide a straight load path with a reduced risk of breakage.
- Advanced hydraulics: The powerful and reliable hydraulic system on Cat skid steer loaders mean that work tools can deliver optimum performance.
- Easy to service: Design features such as a tilting cab, removable belly pan, and grouped maintenance points make Cat skid steers simple to maintain.
- Tools of the trade: All of the Cat work tools, including augers, backhoes, buckets, cold planers, hammers, pallet forks, snowblowers, stump grinders, and much more, attach easily with Caterpillar's quick coupler system.
Cat Skid Steer Loader Costs #
If a Cat skid loader sounds right for your business, the prices below should give you an idea of how much it will cost. Keep in mind, however, that actual prices may vary by dealer and location.
Small to Mid-size Cat Skid Steer Loaders: Prices may start from around $30,000 to $50,000 or more for basic models with lower horsepower and fewer features.
Large Cat Skid Steer Loaders: Larger and more powerful Cat skid steer loaders, especially those with advanced features, can be priced higher. Prices can range from approximately $50,000 to $100,000 or more.
If you're looking for a previously owned machine, there are also many used cat skid steer loaders available. Used skid steers cost roughly:
|2015||Caterpillar||257D||1,778||3,000 lb||USD $39,800|
|2022||Caterpillar||239D3||212||2,400 lb||USD $61,000|
|2010||Caterpillar||247B3||3,743||2,150 lb||USD $28,500|
- Cat skid steer attachments can cost anywhere from around $1,000 to $10,000 for more basic tools such as buckets, mowers, and sweepers, and up to $10,000 to $20,000 or more for hydraulic attachments like pavement saws and cold planers. Used skid steer attachments are also available for a fraction of the price.
Video: Why I Bought a CAT Track Loader #
Watch the video below to see a review of a CAT track loader.