OpenPhone: Pricing, Pros & Cons, and Alternatives | 2023 Reviews
Last Updated: May 30, 2023
CostOwl.com note: Need a VoIP phone system service at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our VoIP phone system partners will send you free price quotes.
On This Page
OpenPhone was co-founded by Mahyar Raissi and Daryna Kulya. They are the co-founders and CEO and CTO, respectively, of OpenPhone. The company was founded in 2018 with the aim of providing a modern business phone service for professionals and teams. Mahyar Raissi and Daryna Kulya have been instrumental in shaping and developing OpenPhone into the product it is today.
OpenPhone Pricing #
OpenPhone boasts a 30 second setup! See for yourself with a free 7 day trial.
Standard Plan: $13 per user per month when billed annually. $17 per user per month when billed monthly. This plan includes one new local or toll-free phone number per user, calling and messaging to US and Canadian numbers, voicemail to text transcription, basic IVR (auto-attendant), and call recording.
Premium Plan: $20 per user per month when billed annually. $25 per user per month when billed monthly. In addition to the features included in the Standard Plan, the Premium Plan offers call transfers, group calling, advanced IVR (auto-attendant), analytics and reporting, and integrations with HubSpot and Salesforce.
Enterprise Plan: For organizations with complex requirements, custom contract and pricing options are available. This plan includes everything from the Premium Plan, along with additional features like a dedicated account manager, audit log, and priority support.
Pros of OpenPhone: #
- Ease of use and intuitive setup.
- Virtual phone system with professional features.
- Flexibility to use the business number on multiple devices.
- Integrations with popular business tools.
- Cost-effective pricing.
Cons of OpenPhone: #
- Limited international coverage.
- Dependency on internet connection for calls.
- Advanced features available on higher-tier plans.
- Limited hardware support for traditional desk phones.
OpenPhone Reviews: #
OpenPhone has received positive reviews from various sources:
PCMag: Rated "Excellent" for its user-friendly interface, affordable pricing, and useful features.
Trustpilot: Strong rating with users praising simplicity, reliability, and responsive customer support.
Capterra: Positive reviews highlighting ease of use, affordability, and integration capabilities.
G2: Users appreciate simplicity, call quality, and the ability to manage multiple numbers.
OpenPhone Alternatives #
- Solo Plan: $29 per month for one phone number and three extensions.
- Partner Plan: $49 per month for three phone numbers and six extensions.
- Small Business Plan: $89 per month for five phone numbers and unlimited extensions.
- Core Plan: Starts at $20 per user per month.
- Advanced Plan: Starts at $25 per user per month.
- Ultra Plan: Starts at $35 per user per month.
- Standard Plan: $15 per user per month.
- Pro Plan: $25 per user per month.
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing available.
- Google Workspace: Starts at $6 per user per month (includes Google Voice).
- Google Voice for Personal Use: Free for personal calls within the United States and low-cost international calls.
- Basic Plan: $19.99 per month for one user and 1,000 minutes.
- Standard Plan: $39.99 per month for two users and 5,000 minutes.
- Ultimate Plan: $99.99 per month for five users and unlimited minutes.
Watch: Product Demo | Getting started with OpenPhone #
Watch this video to see a demo of OpenPhone in action.