Browse all articles for: Phone Systems

How Much Does It Cost To Install a Phone System?

Last Updated: May 24, 2023

Ashley Smith
Fact Checked By: Ashley Smith
Experienced journalist with over 12 years reporting on business and tech news.

On This Page note: Need a phone system service at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our phone system partners will send you free price quotes.

If you want to install a phone system in your home, whether for a small business or personal use, you'll find that a little bit of planning goes a long way. This buying guide explains what you need to know about telephone system installation and provides general information about phone system pricing.

Things to Keep in Mind When Installing a Telephone System #

Home telephone system installation is a job best left to the pros. Still, there are a number of steps you can take to make sure the process is as smooth as possible and that you get exactly what you want out of your phone system.

  • Consider your needs: When planning a new phone system, you should begin by considering how many phones you want and where you want them. And by looking ahead a bit, you can save yourself some time, money, and hassle down the road. For example, if you have small children, they may not need a phone jack now in their room now. But, the day that they're ready to plug in will come soon enough.
  • Options: When estimating your total telephone system costs, don't forget to factor in options such as the type of phone (such as basic, digital, or wireless) and any special features that you'll need (caller ID, speaker phone, intercom, programmable line buttons, etc.).
  • Hire the right pro: An improperly installed phone system can cause you a number of problems (not to mention the money needed to fix them). To avoid this scenario, make sure that the professional you hire has experience with phone system installation. While the right handyman can handle the job, you may wish to go with an electrician or phone specialist who regularly installs small telephone systems.

Telephone System Average Costs #

The actual cost to install a phone system depends on your individual needs, location, the professional performing the work, and other factors. The pricing information that follows should be considered a general overview to your expected costs.

  • In general, new phone systems cost approximately $75 to $125 per line (per phone jack). Of this, approximately 25% of the costs are material, while the remaining 75% are labor costs.
  • Put another way, a phone system installer may charge $40 to $50 for a service call in addition to around $50 to $75 per hour.
  • To better estimate your telephone system price don't forget to factor in the cost of phones, which could be anywhere from around $25 to $500 each or more.

Use Our Free Service and Find Phone System Companies Near You #

Need a Phone System or Service?

Find Phone System Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.