The Price of a Kubota Excavator: A Comprehensive Guide
Last Updated: January 11, 2023
CostOwl.com note: Need an excavator at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our excavator partners will send you free price quotes.
On This Page
Summary: Kubota Excavator Prices #
A Kubota excavator will cost as little as $20,000 for a small used model or as much as $140,000 and even more for a very large full sized new model.
When you're in the market for an excavator, you have seemingly endless choice as to model, size, features, and attachments. In addition to all of that, you have numerous manufacturers available and, if you aren't overly familiar with heavy equipment, knowing which manufacturers offer the best product is challenging. After all, it isn't like knowing the difference between Ford, Chevy, and Toyota. One name you'll come across in your research is Kubota, a heavy equipment manufacturer whose designs are respected throughout the industry. Kubota excavators are reliable, highly efficient, and come in an extensive range to handle different construction needs. When determining the best excavator to fit your needs, look carefully at the machine's specifications to ensure you get the best equipment for your budget.
Pros of Kubota Excavators #
Kubota excavators offer a number of advantages, starting with their incredible versatility. Thanks to the variety of attachments available, excavators work for projects from construction to landscaping to agriculture to projects around the home. With one machine, you can topple a mature tree and then gather and load it into the chipper.
That versatility also helps maximize productivity. Attachments help turn your excavator into whatever you need. You pay for each of those attachments, of course, but it's ultimately much cheaper to have one machine that grades, lifts, digs, and more. Finally, Kubota offers the latest technologies. Their innovative approach creates designs that maximize productivity and workflow.
Points to Consider before Purchasing a Kubota Excavator #
Service Level Agreement (SLA) outlines the terms linked with any emergency repairs, as well as the machine's routine maintenance schedule. Either the dealer or a third-party technician provides both of these.
Inspection is important for any Kubota excavator with over 100 hours of operation. This includes the connection points of the machine, such as bushings and pins; the structural integrity, looking for bends and cracks; and hydraulics to ensure that there are no leaks. A thorough inspection ensures the machine is worth the price. If possible, have an expert perform the inspection.
Attachments dramatically expand the functionality of your excavator. The most common attachments include augers, trenchers, grading blades, buckets, flail mowers, and clamps. Determine which attachments best fit your needs, as each attachment carries an additional price, typically between $1,000 and $10,000.
Sample Prices of Kubota Excavators #
Kubota excavator prices vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type of excavator you want
- The number of attachments the machine can operate
- The job site needs
- Your location
- The year of manufacture, as the same models manufactured on different dates can have different prices.
- The number of operating hours, with more hours leading to a lower purchase price but possibly higher operating costs due to maintenance needs
- The specific model of the machine
Though prices vary widely, the following estimates help in budgeting and comparing proposals. You should always request bids from multiple vendors and dealers. Compare these carefully, as some proposals include delivery or maintenance while others do not.
- The 2019 KUBOTA U55-4R1A with 1250 hours averages about $45,000.
- The 2018 Kubota KX080-4 with 1500 Hours costs about $93,000.
- The 2017 Kubota KX080-4S with low hours costs around $91,000.
- The 2013 Kubota KX080-3 averages between $90,000 and $120,000.
- The 2015 Kubota KX080-4 averages between $120,000 and $140,000.
- The 2013 Kubota U35-4 averages between $50,000 and $80,000, while the same model with fewer operating hours ranges from $80,000 to $100,000.
- The 2013 Kubota KX080-3 with 300 operating hours averages between $100,000 and $120,000.
- The 2014 Kubota KX080-4 with 600 operating hours averages between $80,000 and $100,000.
- The 2015 Kubota KX080-4 with around 800 operating hours averages between $80,000 and $100,000.
- A Kubota KX080-3 with around 1,000 operating hours averages between $60,000 and $80,000.
- A 2014 Kubota KX040-4 with around 1,200 operating hours averages between $40,000 and $60,000.
- A 2008 Kubota KX71-3 with around 1,500 operating hours averages between $20,000 and $30,000.
Video: Kubota Mini Excavators Comparison: KX040 vs U35 #
Watch the video below to review the difference between the Kubota KX040 and the U35 mini excavator.