How Much Does a Virtual Call Center Service Cost?
Last Updated: April 25, 2023
CostOwl.com note: Need call center services at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our call center service partners will send you free price quotes.
On This Page
Virtual call centers offer the same services as an in-house call center, but in a location away from your business. It might sound strange, but these call centers offer some great benefits.
With a virtual call center, employees may be located in small groups in different centers all over the world, but work together to ensure the objectives of your business are met. This cuts the cost of maintaining a physical building, not to mention the cost of full-time employees. A telephony company hosts the center and supplies everything needed to efficiently run the service.
What are the Benefits of a Virtual Call Center? #
A virtual call center offers an array of benefits for employees, allowing them to work in their own personal space, with flexible work hours with no worries about commuting or dress codes.
For you, a virtual call center saves money on equipment and building costs. You also enjoy lower turnover rates (a chronic issue with a traditional call center), and have greater flexibility in staffing to meet call volume needs. If you run a seasonal business, virtual call centers allow you to cut the year-round costs of building maintenance for space you only need a few months out of the year, or if you only need a high employee count for a few months per year.
Considerations before Opening a Virtual Call Center #
- Quality monitoring: This requires technology that allows supervisors to monitor or listen in on live calls between virtual employees and clients. The cost for this equipment can be high, and you must also consider the personnel cost of having a live supervisor perform this task. Of course, a traditional call center also has this expense, but many companies do not consider it when budgeting in for the cost of a virtual call center.
- Intelligent routing: This means routing calls based on the skills and proficiency of the agent, or by the content of the call. Inefficiency in routing leads to dissatisfied customers and may be harmful to your business.
- Set-up speed of new agents: You want to be able to setup new virtual agents quickly, with the knowledge and skill to jump into a regular workload.
What Does a Virtual Call Center Cost? #
Costs vary greatly, depending on your location, the features you offer, and the equipment you supply (just like in a regular call center). However, we do have some estimates on prices you can expect to pay, and features you might want to include.
- Outsourcing starts at $10 to $20 per month and goes up to $1,200 per month or higher
- A call center service pack costs you between $20 and $30 per month
- Auto attendants usually cost $10 to $20 per month
- Supervisors cost $120 to $150 per month
- Standard agents cost $80 to $100 per month
Some centers charge per minute and you decide which package is best for your business.
- 2,000 minutes average $50 to $100 per month.
- 5,000 minutes average $120 to $150 per month.
- 20,000 minutes average $400 to $500 per month (this is a great choice for an established business)
- 50,000 minutes averages $700 to $800 per month.
- 100,000 minutes averages $1,000 to $1,200 per month (ideal for large businesses or ones requiring detailed on-call time)