How Much Does a CAT Backhoe Loader Cost?
Last Updated: December 08, 2021
CostOwl.com note: Need a backhoe loader at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our backhoe loader partners will send you free price quotes.
When it comes to backhoe loaders, Caterpillar (CAT) doesn't make small machines. If you're looking for a machine with high performance and lots of horsepower, a CAT backhoe loader might just be the machine for you.
The CAT brand is also famous for reliability. CAT backhoe loaders are durable and have long useful lives. They stand up to even the toughest job sites.
CAT Backhoe Loader Average Costs #
There are four basic models of CAT backhoe loaders. They begin in price at about $85,000 and range upwards of $150,000.
- The smallest model, the CAT 416E with 74 horsepower and 14.3 feet of dig depth capability, starts at $84,660.
- The CAT 420E with 89 horsepower and 14.33 feet of dig depth costs just slightly more, starting at $86,540.
- CAT's 430E model with 97 horsepower and 15.42 feet of dig depth begins at a suggested retail price of $98,500.
- The largest model, CAT's 450E with 124 horsepower and 17.2 feet of dig depth begins at $150,570.
Keep in mind that the prices above reflect only the manufacturer's suggested retail price for base models. They do not include additional features and upgrades.
CAT Backhoe Loader Features and Options #
Not all features and options you might want come standard with a CAT backhoe loader. Think of it much like purchasing a new car: You can opt for extras like an automatic transmission and power windows. But, they're going to increase the total purchase price.
- Basic models of CAT backhoe loaders come with a canopy to shelter the operator compartment. If you'd rather have a complete cab, plan on spending about an extra $10,000.
- Backhoe buckets also cost extra - usually anywhere from $1,200 to $3,600, not including installation.
- An automatic transmission will run you an extra $3,000 or so.
- Upgraded tires can add a total of $1,000 to $4,000 to the total purchase price.
Paying for Your CAT Backhoe Loader #
If you don't have $100,000 or more to purchase a backhoe loader, there are several options available to you. You can seek financing through your bank or a private lender. Or, CAT offers financing options.
If you can't afford a big down payment, have credit issues or need to conserve capital for other expenses, leasing is an option to consider. You can lease a CAT backhoe loader for little or no money down for a period of several years. When the lease term expires, you can return the machine, purchase it, or trade it in for a newer model.