Find Local Roofing Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
All Roofing Articles
Owens Corning Roof Shingle Prices
Owens Corning may be best known for its PINK Fiberglass insulation, but the company is also a leading manufacturer of roofing shingles. In fact, the glass fiber that Owens Corning invented during 1970s is built into each of its roof shingle lines to give them superior protection from the elements. Continue reading to learn more about the advantages of Owens Corning shingles and to get an idea of how much they cost.
Reasons to Install Owens Corning Roof Shingles
Owens Corning shingles deserve strong consideration for your next roofing project for a number of reasons, including:
- Durability: Owens Corning roofing shingles stand up to the worst Mother Nature can dish out. They are made with weathering grade asphalt that protects the roof from moisture, contain special mineral granules that reflect the sun's damaging rays, have a highest possible Class A Fire Rating, and can withstand wind up to 110 miles per hour. Plus, if anything goes wrong with your Owens Corning roof, it's protected by a warranty ranging from 20 to 50 years.
- Choice: There are more than 20 different Owens Corning shingle lineups to choose from, each available in a wide range of colors and designs. Whether you want a shingle with a traditional look, something a little bolder, or one that look has the appearance of more expensive materials such as wood shake or slate, there's an Owens Corning roof shingle that's right for you.
- Savings: Owens Corning makes eight Energy Star rated roofing shingles that can help you save money on energy costs. Installing efficient Owens Corning shingles might even earn you a tax credit.
Types of Owens Corning Roofing Shingles
Owens Corning manufactures two basic types of roof shingles: 3-Tab and Laminate.
- Owens Corning 3-Tab roofing shingles contain a Fiberglass core surrounded by layers of asphalt and are topped with a shingle sealant and mineral surface granules. They provide 60 MPH wind resistance, up to 10 years of algae resistance, and are covered by a 25-year limited warranty.
- Owens Corning Laminate Shingles consist of two bonded asphalt shingles, making them heavier, more durable, and better suited for a wider variety of designs than 3-Tab shingles. They come with up to 15 years of algae resistance, 130 MPH wind resistance, and a lifetime limited warranty.
Owens Corning Roofing Average Costs
There are a number of factors that affect the cost of Owens Corning roofing shingles, including local labor and material costs and the complexity of the installation. For the most accurate Owens Corning shingle prices, you should fill out this form to receive multiple quotes from prescreened contractors in your area.
- Owen Cornings most popular shingle is called TruDefinition Duration and costs about 80 cents per square foot.
- 3-Tab Owens Corning roofing shingles cost approximately $2 to $4 per square foot installed. For an average-sized roof measuring 2,000 square feet, that's roughly $4,000 to $8,000.
- Laminate Owens Corning roof shingles cost around $3 to $6 per square foot installed, or approximately $6,000 to $12,000 for a 2,000 square foot roof.
- While most roof shingle cost estimates include removal and disposal of existing shingles, this might in some cases add an additional $1 to $4 per square foot to the total price.
- Owens Corning SHINGLE COMPARISON GUIDE
- Owens Corning Durations - Great Unique Technology Dimensionals