How Much Does a Driveway Security Gate Cost?
Last Updated: January 14, 2022
A driveway gate allows you to control who enters your property and provides your family with an extra layer of security. In this buying guide you'll learn more about driveway security gates, including how much they cost.
Types of Driveway Gates #
If you're thinking about installing a home security gate, there are a number of major options to consider. They include the following:
- Manual or Automatic: Most homeowners who take the initial effort to install a home security gate opt for one that opens automatically via remote control, keypad, voice recognition, sensor recognition, or some combination of these automated mechanisms. Manual gates, although they cost less than automatic security gates, require somebody to physically unlock the gate, which can be inconvenient. With both types of security gates, it is common to have an intercom system for communication with guests.
- Construction: Similar to fencing materials, residential driveway gates are commonly constructed from aluminum, iron, steel, wood, or vinyl. Gates are either single panel or dual panel.
- Swinging or Sliding: Both single and dual panel residential security gates can either swing or slide open. The width of your driveway could determine which option works best. A manual sliding driveway gate, because it is more difficult to force open, provides better security than a manual swinging gate.
Benefits of a Driveway Gate #
Increased safety and security are, of course, the main reasons to install a residential security gate, but they aren't the only ones. Some of the other advantages of a driveway gate are described below.
- Privacy: Burglars aren't the only unwanted visitors a security gate will keep off of your property. Identify annoying salesman, trespassers, and other unannounced guests and prevent them from disturbing your peace and quiet with a driveway security gate. A solid gate design has the additional benefit of eliminating unwanted gazes from nosy passersby.
- Increase Property Value: A well-designed driveway gate can add a touch of class to your property and boost curb appeal. When considered alongside the added security it provides, a driveway gate can add real value to your home.
- Reduce Insurance Costs: Installing a driveway gate can result in a lower home insurance premium.
Driveway Security Gate Average Costs #
The actual cost of a driveway gate can vary considerably based on local material and labor costs, the complexity of the installation, and other factors. To receive the most accurate driveway gate installation prices, fill out the form provided to receive quotes from prescreened security gate contractors in your area.
- In general, you can expect to pay approximately $2,000 to $12,000 to install a driveway gate.
- A single panel gate costs around $1,500 to $3,000, while a dual panel gate costs roughly $2,000 to $4,000.
- Automating a gate might cost an additional $750 to $5,000 or more depending on the size and style of the gate.
- Additional components include keypads (about $100 to $300), remote controls (about $25 to $75), intercoms (about $500 to $2,500), sensors (about $150 to $300), and camera systems (about $1,000 to $2,000).
- Installation of a driveway security gate might cost an additional $500 to $2,000 or more.