Find Local Commercial Safe Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Office Furniture Articles
Get Free Commercial Safe Price Quotes
Commercial Safe Prices
For most businesses, a commercial safe is a wise investment. They protect your valuable documents, proprietary information, cash, and electronic equipment from theft, fire, and water damage. But, not all commercial safes are created alike. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for". A few hundred dollars can mean the difference between a safe that fully protects your most valuable property and one that fails when you need it most.
About Commercial Safes
When shopping for a commercial safe, one of the most important considerations is the product's classification with Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories. A safe's UL or ETL listing will provide information on how long a safe can withstand fire or tampering before it fails.
For burglary protection:
- A UL listed T15 safe can withstand 15 minutes of drilling before the contents can be accessed by a burglar.
- A UL listed T30 safe can withstand 30 minutes of drilling.
For fire protection:
- UL Class 350 - rated safes protect paper from at least one hour.
- UL Class 150 - rates media safes protect A/V equipment like tapes and film for at least one hour.
- UL Class 125 - rated data safes protect computer disks for at least one hour.
Additionally, a UL Impact Rated safe can withstand a fall of multiple stories or a building collapse.
Aside from testing standards, you'll also want to consider the safe's size. Make sure the exterior dimensions fit within your allotted space while the interior dimensions are large enough to hold all of your valuable items. Keep in mind, too, that large safes are better for burglary protection but are difficult to remove in the event of a fire.
Commercial Safe Average Costs
You can find a high-quality, commercial-grade safe with a TL15 or TL30 listing in the $2,000 to $6,000 price range. These are ideal for most businesses, although you can also find safes at much higher and lower price points.
- A small, fireproof chest with a simple key-lock might sell for $100 or less, but they won't be effective for preventing burglary.
- For $300 to $2,000, you can purchase a basic commercial safe with two hours of fire protection.
- Large commercial safes with sophisticated locking mechanisms that provide up to four hours of fire protection can cost more than $10,000.
For added security, some companies choose to mount their safe to a wall or to the floor. However, this will cost you at least $500 extra in installation charges.