How Much Do Search Engine Optimization Services Cost?
Last Updated: January 05, 2022
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need an online marketing service at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our online marketing partners will send you free price quotes.
If your web page is not ranking high on the most popular search engines, you're constantly losing business to your competitors. Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the key to getting better results.
SEO companies are experts on how people search the Internet. They can create a complete SEO marketing strategy based on the most popular keyword searches to get top rankings for your company.
About Search Engine Optimization #
SEO companies offer a variety of services, from simple consultations to complete, full-service SEO programs. A complete SEO program typically includes:
- Learning about your company and marketing objectives
- Analyzing your site and its content
- Researching keywords and phrases that will boost your company's search engine results
- Designing and implementing an SEO marketing strategy to get you top results
- Writing or rewriting copy based on selected keywords
- Providing regular feedback and reports
Search Engine Optimization Pricing #
There are many different pricing models for Search Engine Optimization. Some companies charge a flat fee for the entire project, while others have hourly consulting rates. Some companies charge a monthly retainer, while others base their prices on results - charging based upon the ranking they're able to achieve or the web traffic they create.
The size of your company and the scope of your SEO campaign have a significant impact on price. You could spend just a few hundred dollars for a very basic campaign with a local focus. Or, you could spend tens of thousands for an aggressive campaign with a national focus that is designed to position your company as the market leader.
- Monthly retainers generally run $500 to $2,000 per month, depending on the scope of the campaign. Many companies also charge a flat fee upfront of anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000. Small businesses with very localized campaigns will pay on the low end of those price ranges, while large companies with national campaigns will pay on the high end.
- Fixed-pricing plans usually fall in the range of $5,000 to $15,000 for three to six months of services.
- Hourly consulting rates are based upon the firm's experience. Entry-level SEO services might charge $50 per hour, while the largest firms with the best track records could charge up to $500 per hour. Mid-sized firms usually charge in the $100 to $200 range.
SEO Services A La Carte Pricing #
If you're not ready to invest in a full-service SEO campaign, consider purchasing just one or two specific services. Most companies offer services like copywriting, keyword optimization or one-day SEO seminars on an a la carte basis.
- A basic site review and consultation for small business begins at about $500. For mid-sized business, budget $2,000 to $3,000.
- SEO-based copywriting services cost several hundred dollars per hour.
- Keyword research ranges from $100 to $500 for small- to mid-size companies. Large companies can expect to pay a couple thousand dollars.
- A one-day SEO seminar for your employees begins at about $1,000 for small businesses.