How Much Does It Cost To Convert My Website To a Mobile Friendly Design?
Last Updated: April 26, 2023
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need a web design service at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our web design service partners will send you free price quotes.
Today, the majority of Internet users access sites via mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. They use these devices to browse social media sites, of course, but a huge percentage of them use their smartphone to research local businesses or stay on top of industry news during commutes and work breaks. Many organizations recognized this trend years ago and began upgrading their sites to be mobile friendly, meaning that their site is just as attractive and legible when viewed through a smartphone as it is viewed through a laptop or desktop computer. If you have yet to upgrade your site, or yours is a new site, you'll be happy to know that designing sites to be mobile-friendly is the default rather than an expensive upgrade.
Your website is often your audience's first experience of your company, so making this change is a smart move for any business. However, if yours also has a brick and mortar location, or you conduct e-commerce, a mobile-friendly site is vital to your success.
Benefits of Well-Designed Mobile Website #
While it is important for businesses to have mobile websites in order to increase their exposure and guarantee customer engagement, it is vital to have a well-designed mobile website. This ensures that businesses get 24 hours, 7 days a week exposure, easy accessibility by customers, and streamlined business operations. A well-built or designed website guarantees memorable branding and invaluable business identity.
The website also eliminates or decreases future mobile web design costs and leads to advanced applications and solutions. Ongoing support is also vital to keep clients engaged as new technology develops. Business operations are changing quickly and having a mobile website shows you are up to scratch with these changes.
Points To Consider Before Hiring a Mobile Website Developer #
There are a number of aspects that you need to keep in mind before choosing a specific developer. However, some things are not to be overlooked at any cost. This includes:
- User interface: A smartphone is considerably smaller than a laptop. Similarly, everything on your website needs to be adapted accordingly. It is no use trying to clatter in a lot of options in one page. That only creates a mess which will overwhelm and confuse the user. Hence, settling this with the designer beforehand is very important.
- Experience: A mobile website designer should be experienced in designing dynamic mobile websites that also include login applications. Many designers are experts in certain types of mobile websites, so you may prefer a web developer that specializes in your industry.
- SEO: Search engine optimization, or SEO, helps your site perform well on search engines, increasing traffic to your site. Look for a designer who understands SEO, or look for an SEO company that also offers web design services.
- Type of website: The type of site you want determines whether your designer can use a simple template or needs to create an elaborate, custom-made site. This also affects price, so take the time to research other companies in your industry to determine what's expected of your site.
Cost of Designing a Mobile Website #
There are numerous aspects that need to be considered before a final cost can be estimated. Complicated designing, the incorporation of extra functions, linking, online availability, and chat services are all factors that influence the cost of conversion. Also, note that prices may be higher when you factor in domain registration and hosting fees. If you want a certain design, this will possibly cost a lot more than if you select a template that the designer has on tap. Here we give you a few rough estimates to help you arrive at an average cost of conversion for your website.
- Basic mobile website design with third parties typically cost between $100 and $200 per year.
- For a full mobile website design package, you should expect to pay a price between $200 and $500, although this depends on the services and features included in the package.
- At the other end, a mobile website with basic lead generation averages between $2,000 and $3,000.
- Independent or freelance web designers typically charge between $300 and $600 for web design and customization of site applications and pre-existing templates.
- When building a new website, the mobile-responsive design may cost an additional 30% to 50% of the original cost of the website.
- A complex, mobile friendly website with eCommerce capabilities may cost between $5,000 and $25,000.