Find Local Hot Tub Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Hot Tub Articles
Get Free Hot Tub Price Quotes Near You
Portable Hot Tub Prices
If you are yearning to have a hot tub but limited by budget or location, a portable hot tub is a great solution. They're the least expensive of all hot tubs, beginning at around $500 and running up to about $4,000. There are little or no installation costs and maintenance costs are low.
Portable tubs are also great for renters. They don't take up a lot of space and they're easy to move from one location to another. Some are so lightweight and easy to fold that you can bring them on a camping trip or to a friend's house.
For these and other reasons, portable hot tubs have grown in popularity in recent years. More than 100 manufacturers produce them now so you'll have your pick of designs, features, and seating arrangements.
Types of portable hot tubs
There are two main types of portable hot tubs: inflatable and plastic.
Inflatable tubs are the least expensive of portable tubs. They generally weigh less than 100 pounds, require no special plumbing, and can be plugged into a standard electrical outlet. Instead of jets, bubbles are created using air blowers. They rarely have seats or a bench and typically seat no more than four people.
Plastic portable tubs are heavier and more durable but still lightweight enough to be moved from one location to another. They also plug into a standard electrical outlet, but tend to have more traditional-style jets and seats. Capacity is generally no more than six people.
Some above-ground acrylic spas are also considered portable, but they require installation and site work. Moving an acrylic spa from one home to another would probably require a professional mover. Above-ground acrylic spas are sturdier and more attractive, but they're also more expensive, ranging in price from about $4,000 to $7,000.
Portable Hot Tub Average Costs - Samples
Here are a few examples of portable hot tub retail prices:
- An AeroSpa 4-person, inflatable hot tub/spa sells for $600 to $1,000. The spa holds 211 gallons and plugs into a 110-volt outlet. It folds up for easy storing or traveling.
- A Spa2Go inflatable and portable whirlpool spa retails for $800 or less. The spa seats four, holds 250 gallons, and requires no installation.
- A Dreammaker Spa Eclipse portable, 4-person hot tub with 13 jets costs about $3,200 to $3,800. The spa has lumbar support, multi-level jet placement, and a high-powered pump. It weighs 230 pounds empty.
- The Tropic Leisure 4-person, plastic spa also sells for about $3,200 to $4,000. It has 13 jets, a water filtration system and comes with a hard cover. It weighs 225 pounds empty and plugs into a standard 110-volt outlet.
- The SpaBerry 2-person, portable spa costs about $3,500 to $4,300. It has massaging jets, a waterfall feature, molded drink holders, and LED lighting. An eco-friendly water conditioning product reduces the amount of chemicals you need to use.