Find Local Interior Lighting Design Pros & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Design/Organization Articles
Interior Lighting Designer Prices
On the surface, it may seem unnecessary to hire an interior lighting designer. After all, you don't need to be an expert to buy lights and select an appropriate place for them. But, light plays a vital role in creating ambiance, and the right lighting can go a long way towards creating a place that looks great and functions well. A professional can accomplish that in a beautiful way. To learn more about what interior lighting designers do and how much they cost, continue reading.
Reasons to Hire an Interior Lighting Designer
Think of an interior lighting designer as an artist who conceptualizes and creates using light. Hiring one of these professionals can improve your design project for the following reasons:
- Expertise: A career in interior design lighting typically involves having a minimum of an associate or bachelor's degree, while some professionals obtain postsecondary qualifications from a design school. Furthermore, if a designer works for a firm, he or she may be required to pass a qualifying exam in order to become licensed. Because of this dedication to their craft, a lighting designer is knowledgeable about not only lighting technology and technique, but also disciplines such as physics, ergonomics, optics, and electricity.
- Enhance Beauty and Function: The factors that affect lighting, such as shades, bulbs, and light placement, can be arranged in many different ways to produce many different effects. A designer will carefully consider your lighting needs for a particular space and explain all of the available home lighting designs. The result is a visually pleasing and functional environment.
- Cost Effectiveness: While house lighting design costs money, hiring a professional can actually save you money in the long run. By having home interior lighting designed for you, it's possible to avoid costly mistakes such as failing to place lights in the correct location or not selecting bright enough lights. Lighting by design can additionally help lower your energy costs by making sure that you don't over-light and selecting efficient technology.
Interior Lighting Designer Average Costs
The cost to hire an interior lighting designer can vary based upon your location, the designer's qualifications and experience, and your individual needs. Because of this, the following pricing information is only meant to provide a general overview.
- The cost of an interior lighting designer might be approximately $75 to $150 per hour. Bear in mind, however, that a big name designer could charge much more and an inexperienced or under- qualified designer might charge less.
- Depending on the designer and/or the project, interior designer lighting cost could be figured as a fixed fee, by what's known as Cost Plus (whereby the designer purchases the materials and sells them to you at an added percentage), on a square foot basis, or through some combination of the methods described above.