Find Local Wide Format Plotter Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Printers & Plotters
Get Free Wide Format Plotter Price Quotes
If you regularly print items ranging from 18" to 60" wide, you are probably looking for a quality wide format printer. With so many manufacturers available, choosing the right printer can feel overwhelming. However, if quality and reliability are important, Canon wide format printers offer the latest features, state-of-the-art technology, speedy printing, and exceptional quality.
These printers include multiple technological advances to ensure quality printouts with vibrant colors as well as stable and neutral grayscales, making the printer is suitable for all types of printing work. Following is everything you need to know about Canon wide format printers, including cost and features.
Pros of a Canon Wide Format Printer
Also known as large format printers, Canon's wide format models are suitable for a wide variety of print projects and mediums. Create large-scale signs, point of purchase displays, vibrant banners, posters, and so much more. They work with multiple mediums, including paper, cardboard, metal, glass, fabric, and vinyl. The units are available in varying speeds. Choose a unit capable of keeping up with your workflow to maximize productivity.
Although you find Canon printers most often in commercial printing companies, any organization with its own graphic design department likely benefits from one of these machines. For example, sales and marketing groups use them to create promotional materials. The AEC industry (architecture, engineering, and construction) use wide format printers to create blueprints and other technical drawings. If your large print needs are fairly regular, it's definitely worth the investment to purchase your own Canon than continuing to rack up copy shop fees.
Points to Consider before Choosing a Canon Wide Format Printer
- Design: Wide format printers are usually much larger than standard printers. You need to ensure the printer you choose fits in the available space, including providing enough room for the people operating the printer and adequate ventilation, as some inks emit hazardous fumes. Noise is also a concern, as you do not want to disrupt employees' regular work.
- Compatibility: You want to choose a Canon printer that integrates with your existing operating systems, as well as your graphic design software.
- Help and support: Look for vendors who provide live support via phone, email, and chat.
- Features: These vary widely, so consider your needs carefully. It helps to talk to the people who actually use the machine to understand which features are vital to productivity and which are rarely used. There's no need to pay for more machine than you need.
Sample Prices of Canon Wide Format Printers
A variety of factors influence printer price. Variables include:
- Size: If you regularly print 36" width items, there's no need to pay for a 60" printer. Not only does the unit itself cost more, you also waste paper and other printing supplies.
- Speed: Faster print speeds cost more.
- Print quality and extra features: The higher the print quality or more technologically advanced the features, the higher the price.
- Model: Newer models cost more.
The following estimates help you compare models. Prices may vary by vendor.
- The Canon iPF670 24” CAD printer ranges between $1,300 and $1,500.
- The Canon iPF680 24” CAD printer ranges between $2,000 and $2,500.
- The Canon iPF6400SE 24” wide format printer ranges between $1,800 and $2000.
- The Canon iPF6400 24” wide format printer ranges between $2,000 and $2200.
- The Canon iPF6400S 24” wide format printer ranges between $2,200 and $2,600.
- The Canon imagePROGRAF Pro-1000 - 17" printer ranges between $1,300 and $1,500.
- The Canon iPF610 - 24" CAD Printer averages between $2,000 and $2,200.
- The Canon iPF8400SE - 44" wide format printer averages between $3,000 and $3,500.
- The iPF770 by Canon - 36" CAD Printer averages between $3,400 and $3,600.
- The Canon iPF6450 Printer Bundle with Mirage Color Edition and Spectrophotometer averages between $6,000 and $6,500.