Find Local Business Franchise Consultants & Get Free Start Up Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Business Franchise Articles
Get Free Franchise Start Up Price Quotes
No matter what fad diet becomes the latest trend, Americans never seem to stop loving, and eating, donuts. Whether it's breakfast on the go, a Friday work treat, or just because, donut shops are a popular choice every day of the week. And, when it comes to donuts, America loves Dunkin Donuts. In recent years, it's also become a popular choice for coffee lovers, with the franchise even selling its coffee grounds in stores.
If you're looking for a franchise to invest in, Dunkin Donuts offers its franchisees a strong brand, proven marketing strategy, and ample training and support.
What are the Requirements to Invest in a Dunkin Donuts Franchise?
Like most franchises, Dunkin Donuts has an application process for potential franchisees. Typically, they recommend someone has experience in the food service or retail industries, or in multi-unit management. They also recommend their franchisees be involved in the community and have a passion for marketing. Experience building and developing a great team also comes in handy, as does having clear expectations of the process. Finally, you need at least $250,000 in liquid capital, with a net worth of at least $500,000.
Points to Consider Before Investing in a Dunkin Donuts Franchise
Name recognition: It is important to determine whether the name recognition of the company is enough to warrant your investment. This is because there are many similar franchises in this industry, so it is advisable to go with the one that is recognized nationwide. High name recognition gives you that initial boost you need to float your business. Dunkin Donuts is popular worldwide, so name recognition is not an issue.
Financial assistance: Determine whether you qualify for financial assistance from the franchise, and what are your options if you do not qualify. In order to avail yourself of this opportunity, you need to know of its existence. Check with other franchise owners or the headquarters for the criteria to determine whether you qualify for assistance.
Menus: Once you own Dunkin Donuts franchise, you will be in the business of selling donuts and coffee, and possibly related merchandise and food items. This has two aspects. First, providing customers more options and a broader menu may attract more people to your franchise. Second, the number of products and their prices determine the amount of money you make. Therefore, determine whether the menu is expansive enough to make you make good money.
Sample Prices for Investing in Dunkin Donuts Franchise
Generally, it is important to understand that there are many initial fees needed to invest in the Dunkin Donuts franchise. The total investment that you need depends on the type of franchise you are looking to open. Dunkin Donuts provides three franchise options:
- Freestanding unit: Requires an investment between $200,000 and $1.6 million
- Shopping Centre or store front unit: Requires an investment between $200,000 to $1.2 million
- Gas and convenience unit: Requires an investment between $100,000 and $1 million
These investment amounts come from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Total liquid capital a franchisee may need to invest in a Dunkin Donuts franchise has an estimated price of between $100,000 and $1.6 million, with real estate fees leading to higher amounts.
- The Dunkin Donuts franchise fee costs $40,000 to $90,000
- Building costs range between $90,000 and $600,000
- Site development costs range between $4,000 and $300,000
- There may be additional development fees ranging between $5,000 and $150,000
- Signage, fixtures, and equipment cost between $50,000 and $300,000
- Cash registers and retail technology system have a separate price of $20,000 to $50,000
- Fee for opening inventory costs between $10,000 and $20,000, depending on the variety of items you plan to sale.
- Insurance costs between $5,000 and $15,000