Find Local Medical Translation Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Get Free Medical Translation Price Quotes
Compare Medical Translation Prices
In any facet of the field of healthcare, there is a demand for a variety of medical text to be available in multiple languages. It is critical that healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical companies, and medical equipment manufacturers have access to accurate clinical, directive, and technical information in their native language. Regulations in most countries require that literature for medicinal products, medical equipment, and a variety of other healthcare related documentation is translated to that nation's language(s). Medical translation is a specialized type of document translation. The translation of health care content requires far more than multilingual skills. Medical terminology constitutes a language of its own. Translation specialists of this kind have are trained and educated with knowledgeable specific to the highly technical, regulated, and sensitive nature of medical texts.
What to Expect From Top Medical Translation Services
- Translation service available in two or more languages; there are large variations between services in the number of language options.
- A team of professional linguists who will guide you to the best medical translation options unique to your project.
- Clear and understandable communication of all translation and editorial details along with your price quote.
- There should be at least two or more individuals assigned to your project from the start of translation to the final editorial process.
- Prompt and accurate service with guarantees on the quality of translation and editorial services.
Medical Translation Average Costs
The most common pricing method standard in this industry is to charge by the number of words in the original/source document(s). The average cost for document translation is $0.07 to $0.40 per source word. However, the cost range for translation of medical text, since it generally includes more complex content and terminology is usually $0.12 to $0.40 per source word. Confirm whether the cost per word is applied to source text or target text. Translation fees (per word) can cost up to 20% more when prices are set according to the volume of target text. Some services charge a flat fee by the hour or per page. Expect to pay between $30 and $150 per hour, per page. Keep in mind that not all vendors include editorial services with translation service costs, which may cost an additional $25 to $100 per hour.
Medical translation service costs are typically at the higher end of the latter rates due to:
- The volume of original text requiring translation.
- The complexity of language combinations (origin/source language and the target language).
- The complexity of content; (i.e. more complex projects regarding desktop publishing or other software related requirements; documentation with a higher degree of technical content and/or terminology).
- Amount of time designated for project turn around (i.e. 24 hours vs. 5 days).
Sample costs for Medical Translation Service
- Exigo Translations- European languages-Rate - $0.13 to $.27 per source word (average price: $.18 per word); Asian languages (including Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Thai, Hindi, Hebrew, and more)-Rate: $0.20 to $0.27 per source word (average price: $0.20 per word).
- Lengua Translations- Standard languages (over 24) - Rate: $0.15 to $0.22 per word (average price - $0.20 per word); Asian languages (including Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese, etc.)-Rate: $0.22 to $0.30 per word (average price: $.26 per word); Rare languages: (Armenian, Icelandic, Urdu, Bengali, Pashtu, Somali, etc.) - Rate: $.23 to $0.38 per word (average price- cents per word)-Minimum charge: $95 per job. Possible discounts include: 4 % off for up front payment by check or bank transfer and 2 % off for payments made within 10 days. Per hour services such as HTML editing, image editing, scanning- $95 to $150 per hour.
- Virtual Translation: Russian and English translation services- Specialize only in Russian and English translation; Medical Translation (Both oral and written) $50.00 per page per hour with a minimum 1 page/hour. Proofreading (English or Russian) starts at $15.00 per page for basic translation. Rates are higher for medical content.