Find Local Security Camera Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Get Free Security Camera Price Quotes
With so many advances in wireless and Wi-Fi technologies, devices with these capabilities become more and more affordable. Today, commercial properties and homeowners alike take advantage of this increased affordability to install Wi-Fi security cameras on their property.
Setups vary dramatically, from a simple camera installed over your home's entryway to a commercial, multi-camera system covering multiple locations. As with traditional security cameras, these wireless models allow you to record and monitor live events in real time. However, the Wi-Fi feature means that you can access that footage from any location using any connected device, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
Pros of Wi-Fi Security Cameras
Wi-Fi cameras allow you to monitor and review footage from anywhere. If your business has multiple locations, you can see what's happening at each one from a single device. If you're on vacation and want to keep an eye on your property, just log in with your phone for instant access.
Installing your security cameras in a visible location also acts as a deterrent against thieves, as well as providing evidence in the event the worst does happen. You find these cameras in every industry, from retail and restaurants to banks and casinos. Even local governments now use them on highways and roadways to help catch traffic offenders.
Points to Consider when Choosing Wi-Fi Security Cameras
- Hard drive space: Wi-Fi security cameras record and store live events, so look for a system with ample hard drive space to store the recorded video, preferably at least 500GB.
- Installation: If you prefer to go the DIY route to install your security system, look for one that offers easy installation. Expect to pay at least $200 for professional installation.
- Help and support: Talk to the vendor about the level of technical support they offer. Preferably, they offer both online and phone support, available 24 hours a day.
- Features: Special features vary widely and play a big role in your final price. Look closely at battery life, compatibility with other technologies, resolution, connection options, and lens power.
Sample Prices of Wi-Fi Security Cameras
Prices vary widely depending on the type of camera you want and the system's special features. Additional factors influencing price include:
- The system's manufacturer, make, and model
- Capabilities and specs, particularly battery life and lens power
- The system linking the camera or cameras
- Compatibility with other systems and software
With so many variables, determining price is difficult without knowing your particular needs. However, the following estimates should assist in budgeting.
- A Wi-Fi security camera with Smartphone connectivity, night vision, and 2 x 720p starts at around $500
- A Wi-Fi camera equipped with sensors averages around $700
- Wi-Fi cameras with motion detection, temperature fluctuation capabilities, and sound start at around $500 and range up to around $1,200
- Netgear's Arlo Pro includes HD video recording, motion detection, weather-proofing, free cloud storage, smart device compatibility, with a price range between $250 and $500
- Icontrol Networks Piper NV with pan, tilt, and zoom capabilities, sharp night vision, and z-wave compatibility averages around $325
- LG Smart Security Wireless Camera LHC5200WI with canopy monitoring capability and HD video recording ranges between $200 and $300
- Nest Cam Outdoor comes with weather proofing, sound and motion detectors, and two-way audio, with an average price between $200 and $400
- Netatmo Presence offers advanced motion detection and local video storage at a price range of $300 to $600