Find Local Promotional Products Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Get Free Promotional Products Price Quotes
Compare Promotional Pen Prices
Take a look in your desk drawer. Chances are, you've collected a few promotional pens over the years. Without even thinking about, you're reminded of those company names and logos every time you reach for a pen.
Pens are among the most popular promotional items because people actually use them. They're not the kind of freebies that customers will toss in the trash, wasting your time and money. Pens are also among the most affordable promo items.
There are hundreds of options when it comes to selecting a promotional pen. You can opt for a classic stick pen or a retractable pen; you can choose plastic or metal. Or, if you're looking for something that's especially eye-catching, shop the wide variety of novelty pens.
Promotional Pens Average Costs
You can find a promotional pen to match just about any budget. They begin at around $.10 each for a basic plastic pen and can run up to $25 to $35 for high-end pen sets with custom engraving. However, the vast majority of promo pens fall in the $.50 to $1 range.
- Basic stick pens start at around $.10 each. However, most fall in the range of $.20 to $.35.
- Push button retractable pens start at about $.20. Most cost anywhere from $.40 to $.75.
- Metal pens are far more expensive, usually ranging from about $2 to $4 each.
- Metal executive pens with custom engraving usually run $5 to $7.
If you're looking for a promo item that will make a big splash, consider purchasing a novelty pen. There are light-up pens, flashlight pens and pens with bubble blowers. You can opt for goofy shapes or industry-specific shapes. For example, syringe-shaped pens are popular in the medical industry. Generally, novelty pens range in price from $.70 to $2.50.
Promotional Highlighters and Pencils
Highlighters and pencils are also popular promo items. Consider your audience when deciding whether they're a better option. Highlighters are a great promo item for college students, while pencils are ideal for young children.
- Promotional highlighters usually cost anywhere from $.50 to $1.50. However, the vast majority fall in the $.70 to $1 range.
- Traditional pencils usually cost $.10 to $.25 each.
- Mechanical pencils run $.65 to $1.
- Shaped pencils usually cost $1.30 to $1.50 each.
Other costs and fees
Most promotional companies charge a setup fee to get your order started. This covers the cost of any design services that are necessary. In most cases, the fee is anywhere from $50 to $100.
Keep in mind that many promotional companies have order minimums. You might be required to buy at least 100 items, for example, to place an order. Most companies also offer discounts for larger orders. Retractable pens might cost $.75 each if you order 150 but only $.40 if you order 1,000.