Find Local POS System Companies & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
All POS System Articles
Get Free POS System Price Quotes
Keeping a check on sales in dusty old registers is a thing of the past. You can’t have these papers with you everywhere you go. Now, sales details and other data are kept in a highly evolved cloud POS, or point of sale, system. Cloud POS systems enable retailers, as well as other businesses, to track customers, accept payments, manage inventory, provide loyalty programs and incentives, and even run analytics that offer real-time insights. Most cloud POS systems providers allow retailers who use their systems to access a set of basic to advanced tools that are not available with enterprise systems.
The point of this whole system is that you can access the data from most hardware units as well as over the internet, which gives you both full control over all the details and immediate access. With these systems, you have access to everything at a moment’s notice, without having to search through numerous programs to find what you are looking for. Cloud POS systems are also cheaper than other systems.
Pros of Cloud POS Systems
The advantages of a cloud system are numerous. First, they allow easy access to your data, including via mobile applications that allow live data on sales. You can also run a variety of reports using the web interface. Thanks to the cloud, retailers have the ability to run their POS from any location.
With cloud, you also get instant upgrades of both technology and security requirements. These systems also integrate easily with current systems, such as gift card, loyalty programs, incentives, and rewards. This allows you to continue providing your customers with the best service, leading to better retention.
Points to consider when choosing Cloud POS Systems
- Functionality: Look for a system that is highly functional and offer multiple features, such as POS, ticketing, birthday and group reservations, customer loyalty, cashless arcades, redemption management, online sales, and membership. The functionality of the system should enable you to run your business seamlessly. Look at past customer reviews for an idea of how the system performs.
- Ease of use: Most cloud POS systems are sophisticated with multiple functions, but you also need it to be easy-to-use. This ensures that all your employees are able to use the system without the need for extensive training.
- Compatibility: A good cloud system runs from any device, including iPad, Mac, Windows, and other operating systems.
- Features: You want a system that includes the features you need, without paying for a bunch additional services you have no real use for. Talk to your vendor rep to determine your needs.
Sample Prices of Cloud POS Systems
Cloud POS Systems have two main price points, free and premium. Free versions only support a specific number of users, a maximum number of products, and a set number of monthly transactions. Both systems are straightforward in terms of cancellation fees, contracts, and setup costs. Costs depend on a variety of factors, including:
- The service you chose
- Access and controls
- The company
- Daily usage
Although it’s difficult to come up with an exact value for the cost of the cloud POS system, these rough estimates help budget.
- Cloud POS hardware, which typically includes a credit card reader, iPad, stand, cash box, and a receipt printer, averages between $1,000 and $1,500
- Leasing POS hardware on a monthly basis instead of buying it averages between $100 and $150 per month
- Internet and cable costs average between $100 and $200
- Premium packages for small businesses start at around $60 to $80 per month
- Premium versions with advanced POS features come in at around $100 to $150 per month
- Credit card processing fees run around 3 percent on the basic plan and around 2 percent for the premium plan
- In general, a person opting for a cloud POS system can expect to pay about