Find Local Excavator Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
All Excavator Articles
Get Free Excavator Price Quotes
Summary: Komatsu Excavator Prices
A Komatsu excavator will cost as little as $25,000 for a small used model or as much as $900,000 and even more for a very large full sized new model.
Komatsu is a world-renowned heavy equipment manufacturer, including compact excavators, skid-steer loaders, and backhoe loaders. Komatsu hydraulic excavators are widely known for incorporating industry-leading innovation and technology that make them suitable for a variety of construction projects, as well as landscaping, agricultural, and residential jobs. Whether moving materials on your personal property or a commercial site, excavators get the job done quickly.
Table of Contents
Pros of Komatsu Excavators
There are a number of advantages of choosing the Komatsu excavators, including:
- Elaborate operating interface: Komatsu excavators include up to six working modes, pattern control valves, and power max buttons, all customizable by the operator. This allows the operator to set controls specific to each project.
- Powerful work output: Every Komatsu excavator offers incredible power to handle a variety of attachments for maximum power and versatility, as well as improved balance when lifting.
- Reliability: Komatsu excavators are highly reliable and long lasting. They also require less maintenance, significantly reducing the cost of ownership.
- Accommodating: Komatsu excavators have tight swing radii, so you can easily work in a confined space, whether in your backyard or on a construction site.
Points to Consider before Purchasing a Komatsu Excavator
Type of excavator
Komatsu mini excavators come in two types, zero-tail-swing and tail swing excavators. Your choice depends largely on the available workspace and output requirements at your job site. Type also affects price, so choose the unit that best fulfills your needs.
Specifications include the excavator's digging depth, operating weight, and dump height. These are important considerations because they affect the size and type of machine you buy and directly impact the productivity level at a jobsite. They also affect price, so consider your needs carefully. You want a machine with the power to do the job, but you don't need to pay for more machine than you need.
Job site needs
Compare your job site needs with the capabilities of the machine to determine how they match up. Consider power, maneuverability, and the size of the work area.
Sample Prices of Komatsu Excavators
Prices vary widely based on numerous factors, such as the model, the age of the machine, the number of operating hours one a used excavator, specifications, and even your general location. When looking at used units, remember that Komatsu designs their mini excavators for a lifespan of around 10,000 working hours. Once a machine starts to reach that number, expect it to start needing repairs, especially if previous owners did not follow recommended maintenance guidelines.
The following estimates are designed help you budget and compare proposals. Your vendor can offer more accurate pricing once he or she understands your needs.
- A 2013 PC800 LC 8 Komatsu excavator with 900 operating hours averages between $850,000 and $870,000.
- A 2014 PC800 LC 8 Komatsu excavator with 590 operating hours averages between $850,000 and $900,000.
- A PC1250-7 Komatsu excavator averages between $750,000 and $800,000.
- A 2013 PC27MR-3 Komatsu excavator with fewer features ranges between $45,000 and $55,000.
- A 2015 Komatsu PC490 LC-11 with 500 operating hours averages between $400,000 and $450,000.
- A 2011 Komatsu PC350 LC-8 with 1,200 operating hours averages between $25,000 and $30,000.
- A 2012 Komatsu PC138US LC-8 with 2,000 operating hours averages between $100,000 and $150,000.
- A 2007 Komatsu PC200 LC-8 with around 5,500 operating hours averages between $100,000 and $125,000.
- A 2008 Komatsu PC300 LC-8 with around 9,000 operating hours averages between $90,000 and $100,000.
- A 2007 Komatsu PC300 HD-7L with around 10,000 operating hours averages between $80,000 and $90,000.
Video: A Review of 3 Komatsu Excavators
Explore 3 of Komatsu's excavators: PC18MR-3, PC55MR-5, and the PC88MR-10