Find Local Copier Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Copier, Printer & Fax Articles
Get Free Digital Copier Price Quotes
Refurbished Copier Prices
Copiers are a major expense for a business. However, they are a necessity. Because of this many businesses consider purchasing a used or refurbished office copier. This can be a great value for businesses since many used copiers come from early lease returns, sale demos, or repossessions. Often times these units don't have much prior usage. In most cases you can purchase a used business copier for half the cost of the new version. However, don't let the low price fool you. You still need to do your due diligence to be sure you do not end up paying more for repairs and maintenance by buying a used photocopier.
Used Copier Warranties
Don't buy a used copier without at least a 60 day warranty, preferably a 90 day warranty. Many dealers will try to sell you a used office copier "as is" without a warranty. This poses too much of a risk as even a refurbished copier can cost thousands of dollars. Negotiate with the dealer and don't settle until you've agreed to a warranty deal to protect your investment.
Refurbished Copier Maintenance Agreement Costs
Purchasing the service contract for your used copier is a good idea as used copiers are more likely to have many parts that commonly break or wear out. The cost of service contracts will vary depending on the number of copies your business will need. An example of the cost of a service contract for a used copier is $39/month for 3,000 copies and a per page fee of 1.5 cents.
Sample Used Copier Prices and Savings
- The Xerox Workcentre 7346 Multifunction Color Copier delivers up to 45 pages per minute print speed and has one of the fastest first-page out times in the industry. You can buy it used for about $5,500. A new 7345 will cost up to $16,000 for a savings of about $10,000 by buying used.
- The Sharp MX-4501N Copier takes care of large jobs with features like 45 ppm printing and 150 sheet document feeder. This will replace your current black and white with multifunction and color. This machine will cost more than $10,000 new; however used pricing comes in at $8,000 for a savings of more than $2,000.
- A brand new Ricoh Aficio MP C4500 Color Copier will cost your business up to $13,000. Buying this copier used will cost less than half at about $5,000 refurbished.
- The Minolta bizhub 600 Printer, Copier and Scanner prices out at $8,500 new. If you buy a refurbished version it will come in around $4,500 for a savings of $4,000.
- The Toshiba e-studio 3511 Printer, Copier, Scanner is out of the box network ready for around $6,000 brand new. Buying this machine used will cost only $2,500 for a savings of $3,500.