How Much Does a Restaurant Cleaning Service Cost?
Last Updated: December 08, 2021
On This Page
CostOwl.com note: Need commercial cleaning services at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our commercial cleaning service partners will send you free price quotes.
Cleanliness is not an option in the restaurant business. It's a requirement! Customers will dine elsewhere if your restaurant doesn't look appealing. More importantly, a dirty restaurant puts patrons at risk of food-borne illness, which could lead to health department violations or even the closure of your business.
Restaurant cleaning companies offer a variety of services - everything from light cleaning once per week to the kind of deep cleaning and grease removal that is recommended several times a year for commercial kitchens. You can opt for just one type of service or a combination of several.
Hiring a restaurant cleaning service doesn't mean your staff never has to pick up a mop and broom. A professional cleaning service comes in to take care of the details. They'll sanitize the bathrooms, clean the windows, pressure wash the kitchen or degrease your exhaust fan. That's just to name a few of the services.
Restaurant Cleaning Service Average Costs #
The cost of hiring a restaurant cleaning service can be just a few hundred dollars a month for light cleaning tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning the bathrooms. Conversely, it can run several thousand for daily cleaning. The total cost depends of the type of cleaning, the frequency of cleaning, and the size of your restaurant.
Most restaurant cleaning services charge either an hourly rate or on a per-square-foot basis. However, rates for front-of-the-house cleaning such as vacuuming, mopping and dusting are much lower than back-of-the-house tasks like hood degreasing, pressure washing the kitchen, or removing grease from your exhaust fans.
- Light cleaning services such as vacuuming, dusting and cleaning the bathrooms usually cost $.05 to $.20 per square foot or $20 to $50 per hour. Depending on your needs, you can opt for this kind of service daily, weekly or monthly.
- Kitchen cleaning runs $50 to $150 per hour, depending on the size of the crew and the level of deep cleaning that is required. This is usually only necessary a few times each year.
- Professional carpet cleaning costs $.05 to $.25 per square foot.
- Stripping and waxing tile, vinyl, or hardwood floors typically costs $.20 to $.30 per square foot.
About Restaurant Cleaning Services #
Anyone in the restaurant business knows that cleaning tasks are never ending. There are daily, weekly and monthly tasks, as well as the occasional deep cleaning. Here are some of the tasks that a professional restaurant cleaning service offers:
- Cleaning and degreasing exhaust fans, filters, and ducts
- Emptying grease traps
- Pressure washing kitchen floors, walls, and appliances
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms
- Washing floor and kitchen mats
- Vacuuming and dusting waiting areas, windows, blinds, wall hangings and decorative features
- Mopping and waxing floors
- Cleaning the dumpster area
It's up to you to pick and choose those cleaning tasks you'd like to outsource and which you want to keep. Some restaurants opt for a professional daily cleaning. Others handle daily tasks themselves and bring in professionals only for deep cleaning such as removing grease from the fryers and cleaning soot from the grills.