Reduce Your Carbon Footprint with Eco-Friendly Commercial Cleaning
Last Updated: July 26, 2023
CostOwl.com note: Need a commercial cleaning service at an affordable price? Fill out the 30 second questionnaire below and our commercial cleaning partners will send you free price quotes.
On This Page
Green cleaning is a booming industry. Public awareness is growing about the long-term effects of harsh chemicals. Commercial cleaning companies are responding by increasingly offering eco-friendly cleaning services.
Green cleaning means more than just using non-toxic cleaning products. It's a comprehensive approach to cleaning practices that are environmentally friendly. It means using less water and reducing paper waste, too.
Green cleaning offers the same services as traditional commercial cleaning companies - everything from vacuuming and dusting to cleaning bathrooms, floors and break rooms. But, the service usually comes at a slightly higher cost than other services. This is primarily due to the higher cost of environmentally friendly cleaners and products.
Green Cleaning Service Average Costs #
A green cleaning service usually costs $5 to $10 more per hour than a traditional cleaning service. Standard rates for commercial cleaning are usually $20 to $50 per hour, so plan on spending anywhere from $25 to $60 per hour for green cleaning.
- Illinois-based Go-Green Cleaning Services charges $30 an hour for commercial cleaning. The company, like many others in the industry, has a two-hour minimum for all commercial cleaning jobs.
- New York City-based Green Clean charges $35 per hour for the initial deep cleaning. After that, rates are $30 per hour for monthly visits or $26.25 per hour if you opt for more frequent service.
- Seattle based Green Team Cleaning, LLC. charges $35 per hour for one cleaner and $65 per hour for two. You set the amount of time and the cleaners will get as much as they can finish within that period.
How Do I Know the Service is Really Green? #
Any company can call themselves ‘green.' It's up to you to do some research to make sure the cleaning company you choose truly has environmentally-friendly practices. Ask specific questions, including:
- Do your cleaning products meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards for safe cleaning products? Those that do are labeled ‘low' or ‘zero' VOC (volatile organic compound).
- Do you use microfiber cloths instead of paper towels?
- Do you use flat mopping technology that reduces water waste?
- Do you use HEPA clean vacuums and filters?
For more information about sustainable products and services, visit the Green Seal website. Green Seal is a nonprofit organization that has developed nationally recognizes sustainability standards.
Popular Green Commercial Cleaning Companies #
Top green commercial cleaning service companies known for eco-friendly practices:
- Green Clean Commercial: Non-toxic, biodegradable products.
- Seventh Generation: Plant-based and sustainable ingredients.
- EcoLogic Solutions: Green cleaning products and services.
- Green Choice Commercial Cleaning: Specializes in eco-friendly practices.
- CleanNet USA: Uses green cleaning methods and products.
- Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems: Eco-friendly cleaning services.
- Green Office Cleaning: Provides green solutions for offices.
- Enviro-Master Services: Emphasis on hygiene and eco-friendliness.
- Mint Condition: Green cleaning services for businesses.
Watch: Truth About Green Cleaning (Understanding Cleaning Chemicals) #
Watch this video to learn more about green cleaning.