How Much Do CertainTeed Roof Shingles Cost?
CertainTeed Roof Shingle Prices
CertainTeed, a subsidiary of the industrial company Saint-Gobain, is a leading North American manufacturer of roofing and other building materials. The company offers a large number of high-quality roofing shingles that are a cut above typical asphalt roofing shingles. This buying guide provides an overview of CertainTeed roofing shingles in addition to general pricing information.
Reasons to Install CertainTeed Roof Shingles
CertainTeed operates by the maxim of “Better Building Through Science,” which manifests in its roofing products in the following ways:
- Performance: CertainTeed roofing products are superior at controlling air flow, moisture, noise, and indoor air quality. As a result, they contribute to a better quality of life and energy savings. Some energy efficient CertainTeed shingles even qualify homeowners for a tax credit.
- Quality: With CertainTeed’s SureStart PLUS warranty, the strongest extended warranty coverage in the industry, you can rest assured that your home, and your investment, will be protected for up to 50 years. Many CertainTeed roof shingles even come with a lifetime warranty.
- Sustainability: CertainTeed uses up to 80% pre and post-consumer recycled content in its roofing products and diverts 250,000 tons of materials from landfills through sustainable practices. For its green efforts, CertainTeed was named a 2009 Energy Star Partner of the Year by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Types of CertainTeed Shingles
CertainTeed has four distinct lineups of roofing shingles: traditional, designer, premium designer, and luxury. Some of the highlights of each are described below.
- Traditional: CertainTeed Traditional roofing shingles are available in a wide variety of colors and come with a warranty of 20-30 years. They are tough, durable shingles that provide excellent value.
- Designer: Designer shingles from CertainTeed offer a lifetime warranty. They perform well in winds up to 110 miles per hour, have a class A fire rating, and can reduce roof temperatures by up to 20%.
- Premium Designer: CertainTeed Premium Designer roofing shingles offer a lifetime warranty, and many of the shingles in this lineup are EnergyStar rated. Choose from a multitude of designs, including synthetic slate.
- Luxury: The Luxury brand of CertainTeed shingles resembles more expensive materials such as wood shakes and slate. Although they are designed with style and design in mind, they still come with a lifetime warranty.
CertainTeed Roofing Average Costs
Material and labor costs in your area, in additional to the complexity of the installation (i.e. roof pitch, house height, and roof design), can all affect CertainTeed roofing shingle prices.
- CertainTeed Traditional roofing shingles cost approximately $2 to $4 per square foot installed. For a roof with 2,000 square feet, that’s a total cost of $4,000 to $8,000.
- Installing CertainTeed Designer, Premium Designer, and Luxury shingles costs around $4 to $6 per square foot, or $8,000 to $12,000 for a 2,000 square foot roof.
- If the cost to remove and dispose of old shingles is not included in the price, this could add an additional $1 to $4 per square foot.
Compare Free Roof Shingle Installation Price Quotes
Receive free quotes from multiple roofing contractors. Compare companies and prices to get the best roofing services for you. It’s fast, easy, and free! Start now!