How Much Does Polycarbonate Roofing Cost?
Polycarbonate Roofing Prices
If youíre looking to install a new roof over your carport, patio, awning, conservatory, deck, walkway, or similar outdoor structure, then you should strongly consider the use of polycarbonate roofing. A strong, durable, transparent synthetic plastic, polycarbonate is used in place of glass in both commercial and residential buildings. This buying guide explains the advantages of a polycarbonate roof and how much you can expect to pay for one.
The Advantages of Polycarbonate Roofing
While glass is the best material in terms of visual clarity, it is heavy, breakable, and in some cases, expensive. Polycarbonate roofs, on the other hand, present none of these potential issues. Specific reasons why you should consider using polycarbonate for your next exterior roofing project include the following:
- Weight: The weight of polycarbonate roofing sheets is about six times less than that of glass sheets, which makes installation less time consuming and therefore cheaper. The lighter weight of polycarbonate also demands a lighter frame, resulting in lower material costs.
- Durability: Polycarbonate roof panels are made from the same material thatís used in bulletproof windows. The same unbeatable strength that allows polycarbonate to stop a speeding bullet ensures that your roof will not succumb to impacts, punctures, or other types of damage.
- Thermal Efficiency: Although it keeps objects out, polycarbonate roofing sheet is transparent, meaning that it lets light and heat in. Not only that, but polycarbonate panels are excellent insulators, with thermal efficiency similar to glass depending on the thickness and color of the plastic panels.
- Choice: Polycarbonate roofing, though typically sold as corrugated plastic sheets, is available in a wide range of colors, designs, sizes, and profiles. You should be aware, however, that in terms of polycarbonate quality, much rides on the manufacturer. Look for polycarbonate roofing panels with a lifetime warranty for the best overall value.
- Sustainability: When you consider the durability and energy savings provided by polycarbonate roofing sheet, along with the fact that it is usually manufactured from recycled components, the material emerges as a clear choice for environmentally friendly roofing.
Polycarbonate Roofing Average Costs
The actual cost of polycarbonate roofing depends on a number of factors, including your location, the quality of the materials, and the size and complexity of the installation.
- Polycarbonate roofing panels cost $1 to $4 per square foot for materials alone. The cost of installation might run an additional $1 to $4 per square foot, depending on whether the existing roof needs to be removed and disposed of.
- At a total cost of approximately $2 to $8 per square foot, a typical polycarbonate conservatory roof that measures 150 square feet would cost $300 to $1,200. At 500 square feet, the cost would be $1,000 to $4,000.
Compare Free Polycarbonate Roofing Price Quotes
Receive polycarbonate roofing prices from multiple roofing contractors in your area. Compare companies and prices to get the best roofing services for your project. Itís fast, easy, and free! Start now!