Find Local Specialty Painting Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Paint, Wall & Ceiling Articles
Specialty Painting Prices
Specialty painting is a way to update your plain walls and add a unique touch to your home. Popular options include faux finishes or textured walls, and mural painting, including Trompe L'oeil, and stenciling or stamping work. All of these cost more than traditional interior painting because they are done, not by house painters, but by specialists who often have degrees in design or interior decorating or other advanced training.
Specialty Painting Costs
- If broken down to an hourly rate specialty painting costs are somewhere around $40 to $50 per hour.
- To add texture of a faux paint finish to walls a specialty painting contractor will charge approximately $500 for a 10 x 12 foot room. The cost of the paint and materials for such a job will run around $75, meaning you will pay about $40 per hour for labor. Another way to figure the cost of faux painting is that it will be somewhere between $2.50 and $5 per square foot.
- The painting cost for a mural depends on how good or experienced the artist is. You could get away paying a young or local artist $20 to$25 per hour while a well-known or professional artist could fetch $100 per hour or more. The price for a Trompe L'Oeil mural could be more, as creating their trademark 3-dimensional effect is a specialty skill. Some painters charge $30 per square foot or more for these kinds of murals.
- Some painters may charge $50 to $75 per hour for a "color consultation", especially if you are having a mural done.
- You may be able to do a simple textured wall or basic faux finish painting yourself. You can pick up a faux paint kit for around $25 which will include a wool applicator, a brush and special "feathers" for creating texture. The paint itself will cost you anywhere from $20 per gallon for basic paint up to $50 per gallon for a high-end specialty paint.
Shopping For Specialty Painting?
- When shopping around for a specialty painter, look beyond the interior painter. Most custom paint jobs are done by specialists. You could begin by asking an interior painter if they can recommend someone.
- Receive multiple free quotes now! Get up to four free quotes from professional specialty painters and wall decorators in your local area.