How Much Do Mold Removal Services Cost?
Mold Removal Service Prices
Get Free Mold Removal Price Quotes!
Mold is something that we want to keep out of our homes. Some molds are toxic and extremely harmful to your health. Mold grows from tiny cellular organisms called spores. It just takes an area that has constant moisture and mold can seize hold. Itís natureís way of breaking down decaying matter, wet on the floor in a forest or field. If you have wet carpet or drywall in your own home the mold is not going to know the difference. It can find its way into any moist area.
Some mold spores can be airborne. If the mold isnít already airborne, thereís one way to put it into the air, removal. When you rip out some moldy carpet or drywall it causes the mold to fly up into the air. That can be extremely bad for your health. Thatís why there are professionals that specialize in mold removal. Mold is not a thing to be taken lightly. If you have mold in your home you need to get it out soon and get it out safely. Do not disturb it if you have questions! Just get a professional in to look at it and assess the situation. They will safely remove the mold and investigate the cause.
Looking to hire mold removal services?
Get three free quotes from mold removal contractors in your local area. Compare prices and get the best deal on your mold remediation project. Get rid of that mold now!
5 Requirements for Mold Growth
- Food source
- Surface Area for growth
- Desirable Temperature
The one thing that you can control in the battle against mold is moisture.
Mold Removal Prices/Mold Remediation Prices
First of all, if you suspect mold but arenít sure and would like to have an environmental inspection done on your property, you may. It will cost $200 to $400 for that service.
The cost of mold removal can vary greatly. The cost of the project is going to depend on three things:
- How much mold is there? How many square feet of mold needs to be removed? How much time will it take to remove the mold?
- What kind of mold is it?
- Types of Mold:
- Green-Occurs in cold, wet, damp areas.
- Yellow-The most common type of mold. Does not cost as much as other molds to remove and repair.
- Black-Costs the most of any mold to remove and repair. Should only be removed by a professional
- What are the underlying reasons for the mold? Is it as simple as removing the mold and the problem is fixed? Or, are there leaky pipes or is there something that needs to be fixed structurally to make tings copasetic? Youíll have to dig deeper to get the answer to this question.