How Much Does It Cost To Build a Carport?
Single And Double Carport Prices
Get Free Carport Price Quotes!
If you want to protect your vehicle from the elements but donít want to spend a fortune on a new garage then consider the lower cost option of installing a carport. Carports are simple structures that offer cars, trucks, and RVís shelter from the elements. Rain, sun, hail, ice, and snow can all damage vehicles paint in a matter of a few seasons. In addition to keeping your vehicle looking like new, a carport can provide storage space for an overcrowded home. To learn more about carports and carport costs, continue reading this buying guide.
Things to Consider When Buying a Carport
Find the carport thatís right for you by keeping the following considerations in mind:
- Size: Most carports are designed to hold one or two vehicles, although some have the capacity to hold three or more vehicles. You may also want to consider carport designs that provide extra storage space. Finally, if you have a vehicle that is particularly long and/or wide, be sure to choose a structure with a sufficiently large port.
- Materials: The lowest cost carport option is a canopy carport, a temporary structure made from cloth or vinyl. Moving up in price and quality you find metal carport kits, another type of temporary carport. At the top of the price spectrum are permanent wood carports custom built by a contractor.
- Location: Carports can be an extension of a house or building, detached, or detached but connected to a house or building by a walkway or breezeway.
The Benefits of a Carport
Some of the reasons why you should consider installing a carport are described below.
- Protection: A vehicle is among your most valuable investments. Protect that investment from the deleterious effects of the elements by storing it safely under a carport. You can also spare yourself some of the inconveniences of Mother Nature, such as cleaning the snow from your car or bringing groceries in during a rainstorm, by purchasing a carport.
- Versatility: Temporary carports can be assembled and disassembled with relative ease, so moving it to a new part of your property, or a completely different property, is not a major hassle. And due to the open design of a carport, the space can easily be used for purposes besides vehicle or machine storage, such as a temporary workshop or picnic area.
- Value: Protecting your vehicle under a carport can eliminate costly maintenance and damage repair. And compared to the cost of a new garage, building a carport can save you $5,000 or more.
Carport Average Costs
The actual cost of a carport can vary significantly based on design, materials, local costs, installation, etc. As a result, the following prices should be regarded only as general estimates.
- Canopy carports start at $100 to $400 for a single vehicle design while a large canopy carport mean to hold a large van or RV might cost $1,000 to $3,000. 2 car carport canopies average $1,000 to $2,000.
- Metal prefab carports start at $750 for a single vehicle design and can cost as much as $7,500 or more for oversized or double vehicle designs.
- You might pay $2,500 to $10,000 ($60 to $80 per hour) for a custom built carport.
Compare Free Carport Price Quotes
Receive multiple free quotes from local carport companies. Compare options and prices to get the right carport for you. Itís fast, easy, and free! Start now!