Find Local Tile and Grout Cleaning Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Flooring Articles
Tile and Grout Cleaning Prices
Part of what makes ceramic tile a great choice for kitchens and bathrooms is that it’s nonporous and easy to keep clean. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for grout, the concrete mixture that’s applied between individual tiles. Dirt, oil, food particle, and other debris can become embedded in porous grout, leading to discoloration and unsanitary floors. When things get to that point, you can either plan to spend a weekend on your hands and knees scrubbing with chemicals, or you can call in a professional cleaning service.
Reasons to Hire Professional Cleaners
If avoiding a showdown with the grime lodged in tile grout isn’t reason enough to call in the pros, consider these other benefits of professional cleaners:
- The Deepest Clean Possible: Most homeowners equipped with household cleaners, stiff brushes, and the determination to scrub for hours can get their tile and grout pretty clean. And if you’re willing to use stronger industrial grade cleaners or buy equipment such as a steam cleaner, the results will be even better. Nevertheless, professionals armed with top-notch cleaning supplies and machines take grout cleaning to a level beyond the reach of most homeowners. And keep in mind that once professionals have your grout looking like new, it will be much easier for you to stay on top of routine cleaning.
- Grout Sealing: Clean grout is primed for a new coat of sealant. Numerous sealant products are available, and you can additionally choose to have a clear or colored seal applied. All sealants, however, are designed for a similar purpose: to create a protective barrier over grout that will protect it from stains and liquids. Bundling this service with grout cleaning won’t make a huge overall difference in the project cost, and you can look forward to cleaner grout for years to come.
Tile and Grout Cleaning Costs
- Grout cleaning prices can vary significantly from company to company and from region to region. For cleaning only, you might pay $.75 to $1.25 per square foot. Some companies might charge this amount for cleaning and sealing, but bundling these services might also cost as much as $1.50 to $2.50 or more per square foot. Again, rates differ and furthermore, some companies offer specials from time to time.
- Per room, expect to pay roughly $100 to $500 for bathroom tile and grout cleaning and $250-$750 for kitchen tile and grout cleaning. Cleaning all the grout in a 1,500 square foot home might cost $1,500-$2,000.
- Do-it-yourself material costs include grout cleaner ($10 to $40 per bottle) and brushes ($5 to $35 apiece). You could use household cleaners such as Lysol, chlorine bleach, baking soda, and vinegar, along with old toothbrushes, and do the job for next to nothing.
- A steam cleaner costs $150 to $300, while multi-purpose floor machines start at $400-$500.