Find Local Carpet Cleaning Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 866-343-9174.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Carpet Articles
Carpet Cleaning Prices
Professionals recommend that carpets should be cleaned every year to year and half. Compare this to the reality that homeowners only have their carpets cleaned every seven years. Cleaning carpet usually involves the use of chemicals, steam, or a combination of the two. Prices are determined by the room or by the square foot.
Carpet Cleaning Services Cost
- A typical home has approximately 1,000 square feet of carpet. The national average price of professional carpet cleaning is roughly 20 to 30 cents per square foot. Assuming a price of 25 cents per square foot, this works out to an average price of $250 to clean all the carpets in a home.
- Two major, national carpet cleaning companies, Stanley Steemer and ChemDry, both offer free online cost estimators. According to both, the cost to clean three bedrooms and a hall would cost around $140.
- Some companies charge by the room, usually in the range of $15 to $40.
- Scotch guard stain protection usually costs extra, approximately $5 to $10 per room.
How much does it cost to clean pet stains from my carpet?
- If carpets have severe odor problems, most typically caused by pet stains, there can be an additional charge. This can be quite expensive, averaging somewhere around $40 to $100 per room.
- Most companies set a limit on the size of the room to be cleaned and charge for an extra room if a space is over that limit. For example, if they define a room as an area 200 to 300 square feet, they may charge you for an extra room if it is over 300 square feet.
- If there is a large amount of furniture to be moved you may be charged extra. Most times companies will simply clean the area where furniture is not. That is the area that becomes most dirty from foot traffic. If you want everything cleaned you will need to find a way to move the furniture before carpet cleaners arrive.
- Cleaning stairs costs around $2 to $2.50 per stair
- Most carpet cleaning companies also clean furniture. Furniture cleaning costs approximately $80 to $100 for a couch, $60 to $80 for a love seat, $30 to $40 for an arm chair, and $3 to $5 for individual cushions.
- An area rug costs $25 to $50 to clean.
- Some places charge a set price of around $100 to $200 to clean a basement.
- Commercial carpet cleaning costs between $.05 and $.20 per square foot. If you have a larger than average home or amount of carpet, you will probably qualify for a discount as well.
- You can rent Rug Doctor carpet cleaning machines for $25 to $40 for 24 hours from many locations. You’ll pay an additional $20 to $25 for necessary carpet cleaning supplies such as cleaning concentrate, spot cleaner and deodorizer. Check out their website link above for more details.
- You can buy carpet steam cleaners starting at around $150.
Receive multiple free quotes from local carpet cleaning companies in your local area! All of the carpet cleaning companies we will connect you to are licensed and insured professionals. Speak with local companies; get their advice and their best price for carpet cleaning services. Get started now!
Shopping for carpet cleaning services?
- Consider getting a couple of different estimates before choosing a carpet cleaning company. Be suspicious of a company or individual whose prices are far lower than others. As with most things, you get what you pay for. You may not get the best carpet cleaning from them.
- Read an article entitled, “What You Need to Know about Professional Carpet Cleaning”
- Check out the websites of leading carpet cleaning companies such as Stanley Steemer and Chem Dry, as they often have promotional deals and coupons.
- For the do-it-yourself carpet cleaner, SQUIDOO offers this instructional article.
- Want to know how to keep your carpet clean to prolong visits from the carpet cleaners? Follow these tips on how to keep carpet clean.