Find Local PVC Fence Installation Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Fencing Articles
PVC Fence Installation Prices
PVC fencing, also known as vinyl fencing, has a number of advantages over a traditional wood fence. Although PVC vinyl fencing costs more than wood, the higher initial investment is offset in the long term by vinyl's high overall value. This buying guide explains the benefits of PVC fences and offers a brief overview of how much they cost.
Benefits of PVC Fencing
Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) is composed of ethylene (a petroleum product) and chlorine (salt). The PVC used in fencing begins as a powder (plastic resin) that is mixed with a number of other ingredients and then subjected to high pressure and heat, creating a final product that is very strong and pliable. The unique manufacturing process of PVC fence results in a building material with a number of distinguishing characteristics, including the following:
- Durability: Compared to wood and metal fencing, PVC is virtually weatherproof. Able to withstand wind, water, fire, and sun, PVC won't split, crack, rot, or become infested by pests. As proof of the material's durability, consider that most PVC fencing manufacturers offer a warranty of at least 25 years on their products, while many offer a lifetime warranty. To make them even stronger, some PVC fence posts and rails are metal reinforced and attached with metal fasteners and screws.
- Low Maintenance: The durability of PVC fences means they should require little to no maintenance aside from a spray down with a garden hose or pressure washer. A typical PVC fence never requires painting, staining, or mending.
- Styles: When purchasing vinyl fence, choose from stock that looks identical to traditional wood, black PVC fencing that resembles elegant wrought iron, and many other PVC fencing styles available in a number of colors.
- Easy to Install: Most PVC fences are sold in preassembled sections that make installation more closely resemble assembly. All that's required for installation is attaching the PVC fence panels and securely placing the posts into the ground.
- Variety of Uses: A PVC privacy fence surrounding a property or pool is a common type of vinyl fencing, but you can also use a PVC chain link, picket, or post and rail fence to create property boundaries and PVC lattice fence in your garden. Whether placed in your front yard or back yard, for functional or decorative purposes, PVC fencing is extremely versatile and looks great.
PVC Fencing Average Costs
Please note that the actual cost of PVC fencing may vary according to your location, the difficulty of the installation, and other factors. For the most accurate PVC fencing prices, fill out the form provided to receive quotes from prescreened fence contractors in your area.
- PVC fence panels cost approximately $10 to $25 per linear foot. Other material costs include posts (priced at roughly $20 to $30 apiece), post caps (around $7 to $15 apiece), and a gate (which might be around $200 to $1,200 or more depending on the size and style).
- PVC fence installation costs approximately $5 to $8 per linear foot.
- Expect a total PVC fence cost of around $15 to $35 per linear foot, although in the case of high end materials and/or a labor intensive installation, the total cost might be $30 to $60 per linear foot or more.