Find Local Fence Installation Experts & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed. or Call 888-538-3701.Find Local Pros >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
All Fencing Articles
Fence Installation Prices
Fence installation cost depends on a huge range of factors, including material, height of the fence, how much fence is installed, and local labor costs. The most common choices in today’s market are chain link fence, wooden fence, and vinyl fence. Most people who install fence made of these materials are looking for some combination of privacy and security. More expensive ornamental fencing made of steel and iron are available, but this type of fence installation is considerably more expensive.
Fence Installation Costs:
- When receiving an estimate from a contractor, most will give a price per linear foot and not differentiate between materials and labor. The prices below reflect an average fence height of 5-6 feet tall.
- Wood fence installation costs $15-$25 per linear foot.
- Vinyl fence installation costs $25-$35 per linear foot.
- Chain link fence installation costs $7.50-$15 per liner foot.
- Most contractors will provide an estimate inclusive of all parts, including posts, gates, brackets, post caps, hinges, concrete, and all the other odds and ends that go into installing fence. However, if buying the materials yourself, all of these parts and materials will cost extra.
- Post caps and brackets are cheap, around $2.50 apiece.
- Fence posts cost $10-$30, depending on the material. Chain link, vinyl and wooden fence installation all generally call for posts to be spaced 6 to 10 feet apart. An easy way to determine how many posts are needed is to take the total linear feet and divide by ten. A more comprehensive tool is available from HooverFence.com.
- Fencing installation isn’t complete without a gate or two for access. A single gate can be as cheap as $250, while a double, vehicle-accessible gate can run as much as $2500 or more.
- If existing fence needs to be removed first, this will coast an additional $2-$5 per linear foot.
- As with any home-improvement project, do it yourself fence installation is a surefire way to save 40-50%. Doityourself.com offers advice on all aspects of installing a fence.
Shopping for Fence Installation?
- Keep in mind that the above-stated prices for fence installation are only general estimates. Individual shoppers will experience huge fluctuations in price depending on their preferences and needs. Likewise, fence installers will give a wide range of estimates. Be sure to shop around before making a final decision and don’t hesitate to request references from previous customers or run a check with the local Better Business Bureau.