Find Local Office Cubicle Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Office Furniture Articles
Get Free Office Cubicle Price Quotes
Office Cubicle Prices
Cubicles are the perfect way to maximize office space. They also promote a team environment and good communication. Whether you’re opening a new office, consolidating, expanding or just updating your decor, you’ll need to spend a little time familiarizing yourself with the types of cubicles available. There are probably more options than you think.
New cubicles begin at around $500 each and range all the way up to $10,000 or more for those made of solid wood and other high-end materials. Read on to find out more about what you can expect to pay.
Types of office cubicles
There are two basic types of cubicles:
- Panel mounted cubicles are one-piece units in which desks and filing cabinets are mounted to the wall. These are the most popular cubicles because they are versatile and easy to configure into any space.
- Freestanding cubicles are separate panels that are placed around desks and other office furnishings. The advantage to these is that they are easier to move if you change locations or need to rearrange the office.
The most common cubicle sizes are 8x8 feet, 6x8 feet and 6x6 feet. But, you can go larger or smaller based upon your needs. Manager’s cubicles are often larger while call center workstations tend to be much smaller. Cubicles are typically about 5-6 feet tall, but that is also flexible.
You can opt for a sleek, fancy look with high-end finishes like cherry and slate or you go for simple, fabric-covered partitions for basic functionality. Storage options include filing drawers, wall shelving and bookshelves, cabinets and wheeled pedestals.
Office Cubicle Average Costs
Furnishing your office with cubicles is a major expense, but the good news is that cubicles last for decades. Many manufacturers and dealers offer financing to those who qualify.
Most cubicles fall in the range of $1,000 to $2,000, not including tax, delivery or installation. A standard 8x8 cubicle, for example, averages about $1,500 to $2,500.
- Cube Solutions’ mid-height space saver cubicles with a pedestal file and integrated electrical plugs retails for about $1,500 to $2,000. The price includes a 12-year warranty, but not delivery or installation.
- The same cubicle in a set of four runs about $5,000 to $6,000. Generally, you’ll spend less per cubicle with larger orders.
High-end cubicles can run $5,000 to $10,000.
- The Bush Furniture Office Computer Desk Cubicle set, made of natural cherry wood and slate, retails for about $8,000 to $9,000.
The dealer you choose should quote you a price that includes all expenses: the cost of the cubicles themselves, configuration or layout planning, delivery and installation. Don’t be surprised if delivery and installation add a considerable amount to the total cost. Cubicles are heavy and difficult to transport.
Choosing Office Cubicles
Before you approach a dealer, you’ll need an idea of what sizes and types of cubicles you want. Be prepared to answer:
- How much storage do I need?
- How much privacy do my employees need?
- What are the dimensions of my space?
- How important is the style and design of my cubicles?
- What am I willing to spend?
Keep in mind that you can mix and match cubicle sizes. Maybe you need 50 standard cubicles, two manager’s cubicles and a call center workstation. Any dealer you select will need a good idea of what you’re looking for in order to recommend the right cubicle configuration for your office.