Find Local Bulldozer Dealers & Get Free Price Quotes. No Obligations & No Credit Card Needed.Get Free Quotes >>
Need a Loan for a Project or Purchase?
View and compare competitive, personalized loan offers of up to $100,000 from multiple lenders for free.Compare Loans >>
Search Our Site
Find Us on Facebook
Get Free Bulldozer Price Quotes
Compare Used Bulldozer Prices
Bulldozers play a crucial role in construction, forestry, mining and farming - among other uses - but they’re also very expensive machines. Due to the high cost, many businesses choose to purchase used bulldozers. You’ll find a wide range of high-quality used bulldozers for sale at a fraction of the price of new machines. Many dealers have a large selection of used bulldozers that are both powerful and reliable.
Bulldozers are ideal for clearing debris, moving soil or other loose materials, and grading. The machines have wide rolling tracks grip the ground and provide lots of traction and stability, even in mud or loose terrain.
Used Bulldozer Average Costs
As with new models, used bulldozers vary widely in price. The total cost depends on a number of factors, including the age and condition of the machine, the brand name and model, and the hours of use the machine has logged.
Used bulldozers range in price from just $10,000 to more than $200,000. On the lower end of that price range, you can expect to find small bulldozers designed for residential use with some noticeable wear and tear. On the high end, you’ll be able to purchase a powerful, full-sized machine with very little use.
- A three-year-old Cat bulldozer with less than 1,000 hours of use would probably sell for $125,000 to $175,000, depending on condition.
- A five-year old bulldozer with 1,000 to 2,000 hours of use would likely sell for $45,000 to $75,000.
- A 10- to 15-year-old machine with 4,000 to 6,000 hours of use might sell for $20,000 to $40,000. In this category, you can still find a reliable machine with years of useful life ahead.
Used Bulldozer Buying Tips
It’s important to do your research and shop around before purchasing any used bulldozer. Below are some tips and advice to keep in mind when you’re on the hunt for a used machine.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for extras. If a new paint job or free delivery seals the deal, ask for it. Most dealers will be happy to oblige.
- Find out if any of the bulldozer’s parts have been replaced. A machine with 5,000 hours could have a long useful life ahead if the engine or the undercarriage has been replaced.
- Examine the undercarriage carefully. If it is heavily worn, look elsewhere.
- Always take any dozer you’re thinking of buying for a “test drive.” Is the cab comfortable? Is the machine easy to operate? Do you hear any strange noises that could signal mechanical problems?