How Much Does it Cost to Rent or Lease a Dump Truck?
Dump Truck Rental Prices
Get Free Dump Truck Price Quotes!
Dump trucks are critical pieces of equipment in the construction industry. They can be used to transport loose material such as gravel, dirt, sand or waste, as well as to transport solid materials like logs and cement blocks.
Purchasing a dump truck is a major investment: Most new models cost $100,000 to $500,000. If your needs or short term or youíre looking to get a truck with little or no money down, renting or leasing might be a better option.
Renting is ideal if your needs are very short term or seasonal. Renting starts to become cost prohibitive after more than a few months. If you need the dump truck for a longer period of time (typically a year or more) leasing is the best option.
Dump Truck Rental Average Costs
Dump trucks are generally rented by the day, week or month. Rental prices are determined largely by the size of the truck.
- A small dump truck with a 5 to 6 cubic yard capacity, such as the Ford F650, generally costs $200 to $400 per day, $700 to $900 per week and $2,000 to $2,500 for four weeks.
- A larger truck with 12 to 14 cubic yards of capacity, such as the Mack GU713, costs about $700 to $800 per day, $1,600 to $1,800 per week and $5,400 to $5,600 for four weeks.
- A 25 to 30 ton articulated machine designed for heavy duty off road work would likely cost $1,500 to $2,000 per day, $3,700 to $4,200 per week and $8,000 to $12,000 per month.
Generally, monthly rates are a better deal than daily weekly rates and weekly rates are a better deal than daily rates. So do the math before signing a rental agreement. If you need the dump truck for three weeks, it usually makes sense to go with the monthly rental rate.
Some dealers may require a deposit in addition to the rental price. This usually ranges from $100 to $500 and is refundable if the dump truck is returned with no damage. Some dealers also charge a per-mile surcharge, which generally range from $.30 to $.50. Be sure to ask for a detailed breakdown of all fees - in writing - before signing a rental agreement.
Dump Truck Leasing Average Costs
Leasing a dump truck is similar in concept to leasing a car. Youíll make monthly payments for a period of years (typically one to five) and then return the equipment when the lease term expires. Or, in some cases, you can negotiate a deal that allows you to buy the equipment at the end of the lease.
Lease rates are highly dependent upon the price of the dump truck youíre leasing and the length of your lease. Theyíre also influenced by your credit score. Businesses with a few blemishes on their credit report will pay more than those with perfect credit.
- A $100,000 dump truck might cost $8,000 to $10,000 per month for a 12-month lease, $3,000 to $4,000 per month for a 36-month lease and $2,000 to $3,000 for a 60-month lease.
- A $300,000 truck would cost around $25,000 to $30,000 per month for a 12-month lease, $9,000 to $11,000 per month for a 36-month lease and $5,000 to $7,000 per month for a 60 month lease.
As is the case with rentals, the longer the term you select the better the rate will be. So, if you anticipate needing the dump truck for three years, itís far more cost effective to sign a three-year lease in the beginning that to sign a one-year lease and renew it for two years.
Keep in mind that leasing is generally more expensive than buying in the long run. But because a lease requires little or no money down, itís ideal for companies that are short on cash or want to conserve working capital. It also allows you to upgrade your fleet of equipment every few years.
Compare Free Dump Truck Quotes
Receive multiple free quotes from top dump truck dealers. Compare equipment and prices to get the best dump truck for your business. Itís fast, easy, and free! Start now!